justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget the pigs too...

BestFriends_zps565f9f07.jpg
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It's what's for dinner.

I've always wondered why there are no wild cows? You know, like herds of cows in the woods?

Here's my favorite cow video: http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI

Cows with guns.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Except for Norman from "City Slickers", right?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Except for Norman from "City Slickers", right?

Which is precisely why my child was not named Norman.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Originally, I think they were designed to keep the grasses of the plains cropped short.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

MMMMMMMMMMM..........:love:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    new-cow-milk-300x19611.jpg
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Soylent Green is made out of people.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    grinning+cow+human+man+animal+hybrid+teeth+funny+photoshop.jpg

Disturbing.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It's what's for dinner.

I've always wondered why there are no wild cows? You know, like herds of cows in the woods?

Here's my favorite cow video: http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI

Cows with guns.

Run cows run.

And we domesticated or killed the wild ancestors of modern cattle a few centuries ago, although there are herds of feral cows in some places.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Cows can pick their noses with their tongues.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    qq33pt.gif
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    If God didn't want us to eat cows, why are they made out of meat?
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options

In.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    A large dairy animal approached Zaphod Beeblebrox's table, a large fat meaty quadruped of the bovine type with large watery eyes, small horns and what might almost have been an ingratiating smile on its lips.

"Good evening," it lowed and sat back heavily on its haunches, "I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in the parts of my body?"

It harrumphed and gurgled a bit, wriggled its hind quarters in to a more comfortable position and gazed peacefully at them.

Its gaze was met by looks of startled bewilderment from Arthur and Trillian, a resigned shrug from Ford Prefect and naked hunger from Zaphod Beeblebrox.

"Something off the shoulder perhaps?" suggested the animal, "braised in a white wine sauce?"

"Er, your shoulder?" said Arthur in a horrified whisper.

"But naturally my shoulder, sir," mooed the animal contentedly, "nobody else's is mine to offer."

Zaphod leapt to his feet and started prodding and feeling the animal's shoulder appreciatively.

"Or the rump is very good," murmured the animal. "I've been exercising it and eating plenty of grain, so there's a lot of good meat there."

It gave a mellow grunt, gurgled again and started to chew the cud. It swallowed the cud again.

"Or a casserole of me perhaps?" it added.

"You mean this animal actually wants us to eat it?" whispered Trillian to Ford.

"Me?" said Ford, with a glazed look in his eyes, "I don't mean anything."

"That's absolutely horrible," exclaimed Arthur, "the most revolting thing I've ever heard."

"What's the problem Earthman?" said Zaphod, now transferring his attention to the animal's enormous rump.

"I just don't want to eat an animal that's standing there inviting me to," said Arthur, "It's heartless."

"Better than eating an animal that doesn't want to be eaten," said Zaphod.

"That's not the point," Arthur protested. Then he thought about it for a moment. "Alright," he said, "maybe it is the point. I don't care, I'm not going to think about it now. I'll just... er [...] I think I'll just have a green salad," he muttered.

"May I urge you to consider my liver?" asked the animal, "it must be very rich and tender by now, I've been force-feeding myself for months."

"A green salad," said Arthur emphatically.

"A green salad?" said the animal, rolling his eyes disapprovingly at Arthur.

"Are you going to tell me," said Arthur, "that I shouldn't have green salad?"

"Well," said the animal, "I know many vegetables that are very clear on that point. Which is why it was eventually decided to cut through the whole tangled problem and breed an animal that actually wanted to be eaten and was capable of saying so clearly and distinctly. And here I am."

It managed a very slight bow.

"Glass of water please," said Arthur.

"Look," said Zaphod, "we want to eat, we don't want to make a meal of the issues. Four rare stakes please, and hurry. We haven't eaten in five hundred and seventy-six thousand million years."

The animal staggered to its feet. It gave a mellow gurgle. "A very wise choice, sir, if I may say so. Very good," it said, "I'll just nip off and shoot myself."

He turned and gave a friendly wink to Arthur. "Don't worry, sir," he said, "I'll be very humane."

It waddled unhurriedly off to the kitchen.

l.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Cows can pick their noses with their tongues.

Big deal. So can I.