What's your exercise schedule like?

Options
missbis
missbis Posts: 116 Member
I've been working out almost every day this summer, as I am a teacher and I have the time. However, I don't think I will be able to work out for as long or as frequently during the school year. My plan was to go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, doing cardio during the week and lifting on the weekends. It's harder to lift during the week because of my energy level and my focus.

What is your "exercise schedule"? How many days a week do you lift and/or do cardio?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I lift 5 to 6 days a week, and do very little cardio. I'll maybe do cardio 1 day a week, and only HIIT, never steady state.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I am up around 4:30 every morning, my goal is to be working out by 5 am.

M - W - F I lift and do a bit of cardio if I have time. After this week, I will be tweaking my lifting program a bit and adding in some more intense cardio.

T - Th - Sa I run. After this week, I'll be changing that because my last race (that I've signed up for so far) is Saturday. So, I'll still do a nice, slow run on Saturday, I think, but I'll be doing some other cardio (maybe sprints one day) the other two days.

I'm typically done working out by 6.

My workout Saturday is whenever I feel like it, mostly. I don't get up at 4:30!
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I went to a gym and met with a fitness trainer to set up my program. I do strength and cardio every day and wake up early enough that I can get to they gym before work. Mondays and Thursdays I work on lower body strength for an hour then do 30 minutes of cardio, Tuesday and Friday I do upper body strength followed by 30 minutes of cardio and Wednesday I start out with cardio and then finish with core training. This is because I planned to go 5 days a week.

I tend to be the most energetic in the morning, so this works out well for me. It also allows me to have my afternoons to myself for whatever I want. I don't work out on the weekends because I'm always busy.

I told my trainer I wanted to focus on strength and I am so far very happy with the results. I feel like I have more energy throughout the day now.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 times a week for around 60-65 minutes. I walk/run (HIIT) on my treadmill and I also use my elliptical trainer (switch it daily). I also do take my dog out for walks but he is an English Bulldog and he's not the most high energy dog so it's more like a "stroll". I plan to start using my Bowflex soon to help tone up a bit. So far I have been focused on cardio just to get the weight off since I started in March.

I try to get up at 5:00 a.m. to workout, but it doesn't always happen as I am not a morning person. If I don't I workout when I get home from work before dinner.
  • just_me_mindy
    just_me_mindy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    M - W - F (morning - 4:00 a.m.)) - weight lifting and running (takes about an hour)
    M - W- F (afternoon - 11:00 a.m.) - biking/ellpical/running or stairs (about an hour)

T-Th-S - am - Running/biking (an hour)
    T - Th - S - pm - Elliptal or stairs (another hour)

Sunday, Nothing but sleep.. lol.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Every day: walk the dog for 25 min
    M, W, F: 20-30 min weights + 10 min yoga/stretching
    T, R: 20-30 min HIIT
    S: 40 min bike ride
    S: yoga/rest day

I also bike to class three days a week, and bike or walk everywhere within about 1-2 miles as long as it's not raining, snowing, or below 40 degrees F. I don't go to the gym, which is the only way I can spend an hour on exercise every morning...I don't have to waste time getting to my workout in the first place!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have to be at work at 6:30 am and have a pretty busy evening schedule, so I go at 4:45 in the morning M-F. I do 30 minutes of cardio every day and alternate upper and lower body strength every other day. On the weekends I try to get in a couple of bike rides or walks. Sometimes I'll hit the gym on a Saturday morning as well.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I dont do any lifting at this point, but here is what I do:

M-F I work 8-5 so I go for two 20 minutes walks on my breaks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    Some time between supper and bed, I usually either go for a bike ride, do a workout video, or play a dancing game on the wii.

On the weekends I try to get some cardio of some sort in somewhere...I dont really do any more or less, it is just spread out more throughout the days.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    depending on what your goals are but 3-4x's a week should be good IMO.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Up at 4:30am M-F. Saturday I work out whatever time I can fit it in. I run 3 days a week (2-4miles) and lift 3 days a week (45-50 min).
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I run 6 days a week and do body-weight exercises three days a week.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I dont do any lifting at this point, but here is what I do:

M-F I work 8-5 so I go for two 20 minutes walks on my breaks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    Some time between supper and bed, I usually either go for a 30 minute bike ride, do a workout video, or play a dancing game on the wii.
    Same thing here :3
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher as well and find my motivation to be better during the school year. The summer makes me lazy! With that said during the schoolyear and summer I workout every other day (minimum 4 days a week) doing between 30-45 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes or so of lifting. I simply can not workout in the morning so I go in the evening. It's literally the last thing of my day before a shower and then bed.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Monday - Saturday weight lifting for 1 hour, from 5:30-6:30 AM.

1-2 days a week, I go for a run. 4+ miles. Usually in the afternoon. Oftentimes this happens when my wife is using the TV to exercise (Les Mills Combat) in the afternoon after I get home from work.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I've been working out almost every day this summer, as I am a teacher and I have the time. However, I don't think I will be able to work out for as long or as frequently during the school year. My plan was to go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, doing cardio during the week and lifting on the weekends. It's harder to lift during the week because of my energy level and my focus.

What is your "exercise schedule"? How many days a week do you lift and/or do cardio?

I run three times per week (every other day) and do weights once per week on either a Saturday or Sunday.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find my exercise schedule!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I start my workouts at 5 AM during the week, and 6:30 AM on the weekends:

M, W, F: 20-30 min weights and 20 minutes treadmill or Zumba
    T, Th, Sat: 20-30 min HIIT and 20 minutes treadmill or Zumba
    Sun: REST or 15 min Yoga
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    5am workouts for 45-75 minutes M-F.
    6am workouts go 30-60 minutes Saturday and Sunday.

I mix it up because I get bored easily. Running, elliptical, Turbo Fire, Tae Bo, Pilates, HIIT training, Fitness Blender workouts, strength training using bands or 5-8lb weights, etc.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I walk 15,000 steps/day. This includes walking to work, walking during my 1-hour lunch break, walking home from work, and walking around 2 hours after work. I also get random steps throughout the day from getting ready and just doing small tasks.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I work full time, year round and go to the gym 5-6 days a week (every morning before work). If anything, I find that my focus and energy only goes downhill when I DON'T work out). When I miss a day or more, I get very agitated and tired.

Good luck finding a routine that works for you though....everyone is different, and you need to find something you can stick to.