Geez just cant win for losing. Still considered OBESE!! :(

Options
Used to weigh 370 lbs and one year later i now weigh 264........Feeling better but dang if i dont look up and still see the word OBESE by my name. Discouraging as can ever be...... :(

Replies

• rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! You've lost over 100 lbs! You've lost most of me! You're doing great!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Awww dont be discouraged!! WOW u have lost over 100 pounds, that is a GREAT weightloss!! Dont pay attention to "labels" and just pay attention to how u feel.. U r doing a great job, keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I agree don't worry about what those charts say, you can come a long way so just keep doing what you do. You ROCK!
  • punkin322
    Options
    You have lost over 100lbs!! Do you know how amazing that is? Don't be discouraged just continue on your journey. Soon all those negative words that make us upset will disappear with the pounds!! Keep doing what you are doing, you are well on you way..:flowerforyou:
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You're doing GREAT!!!! in the Success Stories board, there's a thread (Help I lost my cat) with a list of pounds and what the equivalent of those are.

At 100 pounds, you've lost a two month old horse!!! :) That's amazing!!!!!
  • psarah
    Options
    You have done great, I can't wait until I can lose 100lbs...Keep it going!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You have come so far. Celebrate that! You will make it past that mark soon enough. Don't let it get you down.

I recently crossed over from OBESE to OVERWEiGHT. I felt great and it was a battle. That made it that much sweeter.

Keep it up and you will reach your goal. You have done amazing so far!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    BMI is crap. I talked to my doctor about this when we were setting my goals, he doesn't even agree with the chart he says it's ridiculous.
    According to the BMI chart, I won't be in the 'healthy' range until I'm under 119. Dr told me to shot for 150, I'm going for 125 :)
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    You have done awesome. Don't let that title get to you! You are more than a title. You are SUPERWOMAN to do so great. KEEP IT UP!
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    Dont sweat the Obese label. I am 264, and have done P90X and Insanity. I am a United States Marine and can run for at least 3 miles without stopping but I am still classified as Obese. Remeber: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."~Eleonor Roosevelt
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    thats great how did you do it
  • deloresAcox
    Options
    OK This cracks my fat rumpus right up!! I wish I could lose a horse! LOL
    I have to agree with everyone. You are doing great work! And it shows. You didn't gain it all in one year, I don't figure, so why think you would lose it all in one! You should be so proud of your 100+ that you have lost and hold your head high because YOU did that! Job well done!
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Please do not be discouraged. You have lost so much weight already and that is something to be proud of. The BMI scale is a helpful guideline, but does not completely define you or anyone else. Don't give that word so much power. Just keep moving forward with what you have been doing because it is working. Keep up the great work!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I still have 60+ pounds before I am "just overweight" and I know it is hard to keep going... but I keep thinking the only way I am going to get there is just to keep going.
  • Sevenm
    Options
    Obese is just a word...suck it up princess! To us you're a HERO (a better word for you). If only I had accomplished half of what you have!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    what you have achieved is fabulous! Keep up the good work and don't let a bunch of numbers get to you!
  • eharvey
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great words of encouragment.

A couple of lighthearted notes.

1. Sad day i lost my pony already?? I always wanted a pony and now I lost it.

2. I am superman not superwoman

3. I am a Prince not a Princess

Thanks again for all of your encouragment. Very kind of all of you and it really helps.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    I know the feeling!! It's hard to see yourself titled as such when you've put in so much work and done SO great!! Losing 100+ lbs is beyond hard work, dedication, and effort....you should feel amazing! Consider what the professionals determine as "obese" these days....it's unreal. Please DO NOT let their calculations hinder your efforts OR prevent you from appreciating everything you've accomplished. So many of us admire you for those accomplishments!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!! We're all routing for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • eharvey
    Options
    Thank you all for those kind words.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    You've done great! Keep it up and don't let the so-called BMI discourage you.

BTW, I read somewhere that L. Tomlinson is considered obese by his BMI -- and there's no way that guy's out of shape. (killing me in fantasy football, but that's another story).

Great pics BTW.