Weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Options
Superdave24
Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
Ok......what is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Or if you want to put a spin on it the grossest.
1. I ate the lining of a pigs ear at some Asian restaurant in Austin (Round Rock).
2. Peanut butter and Mayo......I actually love this one. Hey......don't knock it till you try it. My mom used to always say that.

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The oddest thing I have eaten would be duck testicles saute'd in duck fat with a little butter and the nastiest thing I have ever eaten was possibly US chain restaurant food in general.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Haggis and black pudding! Both yummy by the way :tongue:
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Most disgusting rocky mountain oyster,

strangest- south troy burger its a burger on a glazed donut with peanut butter and bacon.

Wouldn't want a repeat on either!
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sugar and butter sandwiches (when I was a kid). Ahhh, those were the days.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I like cups of pickle juice with crushed up potato chips in it. I also like mustard and dorito sandwiches.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Mountain oysters (pig balls)
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Dog Soup in Korea...mmmm great tasting, just chewy. I also ate blow fish, where if they prepare it wrong you can die.
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went to a mexican restaurant and tried cow tongue
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Dog Soup in Korea...mmmm great tasting, just chewy. I also ate blow fish, where if they prepare it wrong you can die.

Dog? Aww, man...I love dogs.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a farm so we ate a lot of things that most people wouldn't, including:

Pig brains
    Pig pancreas (called "sweet breads")
    Beef tongue
    Beef heart

All tasted very good and I would eat them again in a heartbeat (pun intended).
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Deliberate... raw octopus and combination of vinegar and pineapple juice. Not at the same time.
    Unplanned... caterpillar.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    according to some on here it is milk and steak...
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Frogs legs which where good by the way tasted like chicken
    And fried alligator. Was also pretty good
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    When I was about 10 years old a bully held me down. He sat on my stomach and held me down by placing his knee caps on my biceps and held my hands against the ground over my head. As I yelled at him to get off, he dropped a huge spit phlegm ball into my mouth. It went right down my throat. I threw him off and chased him down the street...bully or not, I was going to kick his *kitten*. I couldn't catch him.

I didn't really eat it, but it did go down my throat.
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    according to some on here it is milk and steak...

I giggled
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weirdest thing I've eaten is little slimy, disgusting, booger-like creatures from the sea. I can't remember what they are called but they were disgusting.
  • matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Drank a bottle of Chinese rice wine that had two dead lizards in it. Half way through the bottle started to get cocky and shake the bottle which caused little bits of Lizard to fall off and float in the drink. Tasted pretty good and apparently it put lead in the pencil!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Weirdest thing I've eaten is little slimy, disgusting, booger-like creatures from the sea. I can't remember what they are called but they were disgusting.

Oysters?
  • matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    and the whole menu from this place. They had bacon and egg ice cream when I went. Still got the snail porridge

www.thefatduck.co.uk/‎
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like cups of pickle juice with crushed up potato chips in it. I also like mustard and dorito sandwiches.

Ok...that made my jaw drop.