Small town girl from Kansas

Options
2»

Replies

• cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Im from kansas(derby), but living in Miami, florida. Im sending a friend request
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am actually from eastern Colorado originally. I grew up in a small town about 45 miles from the KS / CO border. Good luck with all you hope to accomplish!
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    Also from Kansas, though living in Salt Lake at the moment. As you can tell by my ticker, I had to represent KU in this here thread.
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a small town NE girl but currently in SoCal... I am in the process of my weight loss journey and have a hard time FINDING TIME for me too. Family, work, general life always seems to get in the way of me time. Feel free to friend me! Good luck...
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello from northwest Kansas! This place is great, a lot of great friends and motivators. I've hit a wall recently but not gaining so that's a plus. Good luck on your "Journey" (hahaha see what I did there) and feel free to send a request. :)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk (I'm from Missouri, traitor to the state)

Welcome to MFP! There's a lot of information on this site, some helpful, some counterproductive. Find the right healthy, successful folks and it will be way easier to distinguish between the two!
  • omgkittens1
    omgkittens1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OOH! I'm in KS too! Fort Riley!
  • erinbeth_
    erinbeth_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Adding you!! From Lawrence :)
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You talk about being able to find time. What I ended up doing, and you may think this a little selfish, but i adopted the "Me First" attitute. When I get home from work, the first hour is mine. I head straight to the treadmill, go for a run or take off on my elipticle bike. Besides asking the kids how their day was, that first hour belongs to me. I found that even if I took 5 minutes to answer a homework question, figure out whats for dinner, check the mail, whatever, I would talk myself out of exercising. If I dont take care of me first, I tend not to take care of me at all.