What is Your Goal / Dream? (Not a number on the scale)

Options
I just wanted to hear what everyone's goals or dreams are besides some number on the scale. What do you want to achieve?

For me when I get in better shape, I want to do the Susan G Coleman's 3 day breast cancer walk. My mom passed of breast cancer and I would like to participate in that walk when I turn 50 (two more years).

That's my dream goal, what's yours?

Replies

• kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go a full MMA round with my fighter friend. Right now, I'd be dead in less than 10 seconds...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    To crush man's skull like sparrows egg between thighs.

Or, if that seems a little much, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0oVeDXzpdo&list=UUP8wqLAt5qYMmOwMB7-mvTQ
  • Alicia92860
    Alicia92860 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My dream is to be able to run a marathon.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I want to attend the police academy and kick serious *kitten* before becoming a sworn officer.
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    I just want to be fit, healthy and happy and eventually have a big fit, happy family. I want to be like collette, (of the shaytards) soooo bad. Theyre family is so close and healthy and active. Thats all I want in life!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    What kittyhasclaws said, kinda. I got my black belt after I lost weight (or during the process) and I've won some sparring matches; but I'd like to win the whole shebang at our local tournament at least once. That would require me beating several people in a row.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    To look in the mirror and like what I see.
  • Soft_Kitteh
    Options
    To get a black cat with orange eyes.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable in a bikini
    To one day run a marathon

Patience.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My goal is to look fit and healthy...as opposed to skinny. I want some muscles (to counteract the bat wings on my arms)!! That said, I hope to be an inspiration to friends and family members who don't think it's possible to lose weight and get healthy, or that it's just too hard, or too late, or that you have to starve to do it. I'm 62 and I know it's definitely not too late for me! The difference between a dream and a goal is: A dream is what you wish you could have; meeting a goal takes planning and hard work to make that dream come true.
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have recently gotten back on after gaining weight. I lost 64 lbs, only to gain back 19. My dream is to lose this weight and this time keep it off! I tried to run a half marathon last year only to have my hip give out halfway thru. I signed up for it again and hope to "own" it this time. I've found I was most successful when I set smaller goals instead of a big goal at the end. I've enjoyed the better health and ability to do things, and I don't want to give that up. I've got some dreams on my profile...it's good to dream! ;)

You've got a great goal! I wish you well! (we are about the same age too!)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options

Or, if that seems a little much, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0oVeDXzpdo&list=UUP8wqLAt5qYMmOwMB7-mvTQ

I watched the video. Mind blown. :noway:
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just want to be able to dance for a good couple of hours without getting too tired to go on, and preferably look good in a bikini while doing so! :happy:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Be thin enough that my bust sticks out further than my gut.
  • no1dragn
    no1dragn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not to cringe every time I have to shop for clothes. And to summit all nine of the 12fers in Idaho. One down, 8 to go.:happy:
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have two....One is to run 5 miles PAIN free(healing from bulging lumbar discs), AND two...TO have jaw dropping ABS....the kind that make the ladies go,,,,, OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH.......:love::love: :glasses: :glasses: :smokin: :smokin:
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    To fit into my size 5 jeans, again.

To wear a bikini on the beach in Hawaii.
    (Which is, also, to say, to be in Hawaii to be on that beach.)

To find a dedicated career that sticks, and have less stress in my life.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1. To be able to have a girlfriend. 33 years old and I've never been able to experience that. It is what I want most. I have missed out on so much and it kills me.

2. Travel. There are so many places I want to see but I cannot fit into a plane seat.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I watched the video. Mind blown. :noway:

It's a life changer. My goals have expanded/grown after watching it. I don't just wanna be fit, I wanna be *amazing*. I wanna blow minds.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    To qualify for Boston.