Metabolic Training/Assessment

Options
I have been up and down (and back and forth and around) with my weight loss. Recently I had metabolic testing done - and discovered why I have not lost weight. Armed with a a real live plan, I'm trying this again (basically my resting RMR is 1441 - so eating 1200-1300 calories has had me in a perpetual starvation mode for YEARS - plus I burn fat calories at a MUCH lower heartrate than what I HAVE been targeting...trying to do it right but inadvertently sabotaging myself).

I say all of this to ask - I can't find a way to adjust MFP to *my* individual needs. Is there a way to do this? Or should I just use it for food/calorie tracking and try not to get freaked out when it tells me how much weight I'm going to GAIN because I'm increasing my calories (which is the right thing for me to do?)

Replies

• I am so happy to hear that you did that! It really is the best thing you can do to figure out exactly what you need!! I have been in the profession all my life and now mainly stick to administering Metabolis Assessments myself (still personal train a couple clients on the side). It's unbelievable how many people out there still have no idea that this technology is available, so thank you so much for spreading the word!

There is a way to switch it. Go to Home, Goals, Change Goals, and then you can Customize it. I always switch all my clients goals to reflect their results from the assessment. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me. Good luck!

Thanks,
    Beth
  • Lose30by2013
    Lose30by2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you Beth! It was a real eye-opener. It truly was the best $180 I have spent in a very long time. It seemed like sooooo much money going into it - but at the end? What a bargain. It absolutely explained WHY I have struggled over and over. The craziest thing of all was learning that if I LOWER my workout intensity/heartrate - I actually 6 times as many fat calories as when I shoot for a higher workout. Never again.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try that now. I still can't quite get past the mental - "I'm eating more than 1200 calories I'm never going to lose weight" panic mode but I am working on it!