fat smoker to triathlete

Options

Replies

• jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So inspirational. You look amazing - young and healthy!

Congratulations! and thank you so much for the story - this helped out so much!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Super awesome! Looking great!!
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so amazing!! You look like a totally different person - eventually, I would like to start with the couch to 5k when i'm ready - thanks for the inspiration! :0)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    awesome, congrats!! i'll be looking to get to a 70.3 in a few years myself.
  • dianebiaggini
    dianebiaggini Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You have made an awesome transformation, both physically and mentally. I'm sure a lot of smokers think they can't give up and get fit- what a shining example you are! And let's not forget your brave wife who kickstarted the whole process by quitting. Good on her too!
  • sunshyn225
    sunshyn225 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! You're a true inspiration!
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an inspirational story. I LOVE the way you never let anything stop you. What's that old saying? "If you can't run - walk. If you can't walk - crawl. But ALWAYS keep pushing forward."

Thank you for this. I've been a start/stop girl for months now, and now that I'm on the 'start' position again, I intend not to stop again. I'd rather crawl than ever give up on myself again. This is something I truly needed to hear.

Keep truckin, brother! We're all here for you ^_^
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Congrats!!
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    REOWWWW!!! Awesome story, thank you and you look damn fine!!!! :noway:
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're amazing! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    excellent job!!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! That is a long string of amazing accomplishments. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    P.S. And I just noticed - you need to update your profile! :smile:
    08312013 Posts: 24
    Options
    You look like a different person. Thank you for sharing and for summarizing at the end. Exactly what I needed to hear tonight.
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you look confident , happy and so good! congrats on all your efforts!
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You found the reverse age formula and look completely different. You did great. Very inspirational.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I think I want to do a Triathlon too! I did all three back to back the other night... ouch! LOL. But I loved it :)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is excellent! Thanks for taking the time to write the story! Truly an inspiration.
  • deannawbennett
    Options
    Terrific story! Thank you for sharing! I quit smoking 3 years ago (26 years at 1 pack a day +). I ran my first half marathon last year, although my time was what most do for a full. I don't care, because every pound off gives me more days with loved ones.

Thank you for being inspiring. Truly
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!