TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES!

Options

Replies

• SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, part of the reason I joined mfp was because I have been telling myself for the last two years that it would be the year I get my weight in control, and I just realized if I don't do it this year, I am going to turn 25 and have spent half my 20's fat and unhappy about it! So I've been at it a month, so far so good!

Count me in :)
  • sophieg77
    Options
    I am so happy you made this!

Count me in! My new Wii Fit today told me I was not my age of 22, but actually 40. Oh dear. Def a chubby twenty that needs some motivation, support and friends on MFP!

Very excited for our own group!

Sophie
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    23...way liking this group! Great Idea! :)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options

Count me in! My new Wii Fit today told me I was not my age of 22, but actually 40. Oh dear. Def a chubby twenty that needs some motivation, support and friends on MFP!

Sophie
    Mine told me I was 37 :(
  • MeganKS
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!

I need all the back up and support I can get from others.

:)
  • Hollie01Norman
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Ill join I guess lol. Im 24 and I started on my birthday this year in April. Im hoping that by my next birthday I will be at or under goal weight and I wont be shying away from the pictures. I realized that when my children look back on pictures of the first few years of there lives, I wont be in them. I shy away from the camera and my excuse is that Im the one taking the pictures but I think its mostly because I hated how big I was. Even 40 lbs lighter I still see the big girl and though Im still big I have a long way to go mentally and physically.
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    20 & aiming to lose 50+ lbs. Tomorrow is my 1 week weigh in. =]
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Sophie

I have no idea what I would be, but there used to be many days I really felt like I was in my 40's. :sad:
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I may be one of the older ones in the group. LOL I just turned 29. I still have 20 lbs to go, I've lost 22 already. Thanks for starting the group!

Lisa
  • christinafpdx
    Options
    HOLLER!
  • KariNich85
    Options
    Count me in too!! I could use the support! 25 and 190 lbs! Well.. 185 now that i started MFP! YAY! I'm on my way! Good luck to us all!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 23 on Thursday :) You can do it, girl!!!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    count me in too:) i'm 27 and looking to lose about 10lbs and then maintain from there. great idea!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ill join I guess lol. Im 24 and I started on my birthday this year in April. Im hoping that by my next birthday I will be at or under goal weight and I wont be shying away from the pictures. I realized that when my children look back on pictures of the first few years of there lives, I wont be in them. I shy away from the camera and my excuse is that Im the one taking the pictures but I think its mostly because I hated how big I was. Even 40 lbs lighter I still see the big girl and though Im still big I have a long way to go mentally and physically.

Im 24 and im in too!

I feel the same way! My kids wont see me much in their pictures because i try to stay out of them also! From now on i will try my best to look my best so my kids can have memories of me :)
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind a wise old man chiming in (turned 30 in Feb) good for all of you! After going way downhill through most of my 20's, I started making some gradual improvements a couple years ago, but really started getting healthy when I turned 30 this year. Looking back on spending my 20's as an out of shape blob, I do regret it. But on the bright side, I feel like I got my wake-up call and got things turned around while I was still young enough to do it fairly easily, and now I hope my good health and habits will stick with me through middle age and then the rest of my life, which is when a lot of people first start going downhill. Maybe that doesn't really mean much, just my way of looking at the bright side. Good job to everyone who is getting things on track even earlier than I did!
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 here, so count me in. I got fat when I turned 20 (as fat as I am now after loosing 5 lbs, 170lbs). Then by the time I was 22, I had lost the weight and was down to 145. Well, I got fat again... I've been over 160 since January 2009, yikes. My goal is to get down to a slim 135 lbs (the last time I was this thin, I was 19). So far eating less hasn't been as grueling of a task as it used to be a year ago (maybe hormones changed or something). The weight seems to be coming off at a steady pace thus far, but I still have a long way to go.

I'm 5' 5" and a size 10. I'd like to get down to a size 6.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    awesome idea for a group. there are so many ages and reasons people are on the site. i just turned 25 and realized if i didn't change myself soon i would be really harming my health and hopes for starting a family.
  • RedAmo
    Options
    I'm 23, I weighed in at 214 lbs at my heaviest. Down to around 195. I've been gaining weight recently but the only thing I can think is that it's muscle because I'm not getting fatter. I was down to 179, and had a nice fast food binge a while back, and got back down to 188, but I've gained 7 lbs like I've said, but haven't gone over my daily calories in a while. Not sure what's up =/ kinda sad.
  • ksblah
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm 29 so that still counts right!? :) Feel free to add me. It helps to talk and to vent with people who understand what you're going through!