Ever done something and thought, "Wow I'm dumb"?

Options

Replies

• plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Or if you want something "light hearted" here I could tell you that my husband the Ph.D asked me where his iPad was last night, WHILE he was playing a game on it!

Or that I once couldn't find my phone for a whole day because I slipped it in a grocery bag that went into the fridge and had to wait 3 hours while the battery warmed back up before I could make any calls.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Got married to the absolute worst person I'd ever been involved with in my life. Got divorced, so that was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Sort of evens out.
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    Searched an hour for my sunglasses that were on my head!!!
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Got married to the absolute worst person I'd ever been involved with in my life. Got divorced, so that was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Sort of evens out.

^^^I've done this. I believe It is the MOST stupid thing I have ever done.
  • lacyjay1999
    lacyjay1999 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Plugged a power strip into itself and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work!!
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Epic facepalm moments happen daily for me. But the best one was when the battery in my keyless entry remote for my car died and I couldn't figure out how I was going to unlock my car. I actually called a friend who, first laughed...and laughed...and laughed, then told me to use the actual key! Yeah, not my finest moment. LOL.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Searched an hour for my sunglasses that were on my head!!!

I pretty much feel that way everyday. But this ^ reminds me of a time I was looking for my eyeglasses while I had them on. lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Or if you want something "light hearted" here I could tell you that my husband the Ph.D asked me where his iPad was last night, WHILE he was playing a game on it!

Or that I once couldn't find my phone for a whole day because I slipped it in a grocery bag that went into the fridge and had to wait 3 hours while the battery warmed back up before I could make any calls.

One time when we were moving, and my husband had gone for days without sleep because he was working so much and moving, the movers asked him to pay, and my husband said, "Ummm, how much do I owe you. I'm not good at math." I was like, "Even though you have a PhD in math and physics?" And he just said, "I'm tired".
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    I am blonde though and an old soul hippie so I do stupid stuff all the time. Like start my car...lock the doors and run in the house to get my water bottle. Yup, that's right. Was able to pull the old hanger trick on it nicely though :)
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Twice today and counting ...
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing mine doesn't even rank. lol
  • mumster63
    mumster63 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bought a used car for my boyfriend and then found out he was using it to see another woman. That's why he's an ex.
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ditto! To the looking for your phone while your on it.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Every single day
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I've been known to have what my friends and family now refer to as Amberism's. No joke.
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm in the "almost daily" group.

Today, I picked up my alarm clock to check what time it was, and dropped it on my face. All I could think was, what story can I make up to make my future black eye seem cooler.
  • igniteaerials
    igniteaerials Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I married my ex... :)
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Frequently.

First one that pops to mind is looking for my sunglasses, which I happened to be wearing at the time.

I just got to the point where if I'm looking for them, I immediately check my face and head first

And yes, I frequently do things that actually make me say out loud...I'm dumb. That being said, I can't think of a single instance because it happens on a regular basis.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    When I was ten, I watched a documentary involving paratroopers and figured I could make my own out of a trash bag. I went up on top of the tree house with my homemade parachute on my back and jumped off. WHAM. Got up, dusted myself off and tried to figure out what went wrong. Went back inside and saw that the parachutes had holes in the center. OF COURSE! So I cut the middle out of my garbage bag, went back up on the tree house and jumped again. WHAM. I ended up borrowing a book on parachutes from the library later that week and realized that I was being an idiot. Things like this are the reason the battle-cry of my generation was "Don't tell mom".