Always have calories left over....?

Options
Looking to lose about 60lbs. Been working out 5 days a week but I'm not sure how my calories are. My food journal is open....I always have calories left at the end of the day. Any suggestions/advice?

Replies

• shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing and measuring your food intake accurately try eating closer to your goal?
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open or we could give suggestions.
  • FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too have food left to consume daily. It's aggravating. I actually (like 20 minutes ago) lowered my Kcals so that I don't have to reach as high.. I guess. Not sure if that is the best way to resolve the issue though. I work out 5 days a week and I am just not that hungry.
  • ashleyketner
    Options
    You need to figure out what your maintenance caloric intake is, then you can determine the calories you need while cutting. Then use fitness pal to ensure you are reaching your macros. It's not just about the calories, but also making sure those are comprised of the right things. (For example, I eat mainly protein, followed by healthy fats and minimal carbs) everyone is different but this is what has worked for me. My maintenance calories are around 2100, so while I cut I make sure to in take around 1390. However, if I work out I make sure to re-eat those burned calories or else the deficit will be so large that your body goes into starve mode and you won't get the results you need. :)
  • jessicas1184
    jessicas1184 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oopps! It's open now :)
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    Are you talking 50/60 or 500/600? If it's the first, don't worry. If it's the second and you're eating at least 1300-1500, you're probably still okay. If you're eating under 1300, you should probably start finding ways to add calories to your existing diet. For example, drinking 2% milk rather than skim, using full fat yogurt, have some peanut butter on your toast, etc.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    You're consistently under by about 500 calories, and always significantly under on your carbs. Adding some extra carbs to your diet would probably help you get those extra 500 calories fairly easily. Calorie dense foods are also your friend (avocados, nuts, nut butters, full fat cheese, pasta, quinoa, etc.). You definitely want to be getting closer to your set goal than you are.
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    look up some 100 calories snacks. Thats what helps me throughout the day because I cannot eat big meals or I will get sick...So i have a snack between each meal.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Nut and cheese are your friends.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's normal, if I exercise I ALWAYS have hundreds of calories left over, I can never eat them back. I get 1720 daily right now before exercise, most days I eat around 1550ish unless its ToM then I can eat 1700 lol I would eat into my exercise calories if I was hungry & needed too but so far that hasn't been the case.