I couldn't run...

Options
simone2060
simone2060 Posts: 13 Member
6 months ago, I couldn't run for more than a minute at a time. On Saturday, I ran my 1st 5k!!! It was awesome! I still don't love running, and I'm really slow (45 minutes), but I plan to do more in the future. If you want to learn to run, I reccomend using a app that will help you with interval training. You CAN do it if you train slowly!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. What a huge victory for you. Keep it up and don't stop now. You're doing great.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the running world!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You still ran circles around everyone who was sitting on the couch!

Finishing your first race is exhilarating.
  • jackiedfuller
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm trying to do the same thing, and a 5K is my goal. Did you use an app that you'd recommend?
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is awesome!!! Now, you are ready to train for a 10K...keep at it!
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    That's awesome! I just started running about a month ago..I don't love it yet, but I definitely don't hate it as much as I used to. Have you tried the Zombies, Run! app? It's a lot of fun, and made running more enjoyable. I usually run that app and Runtastic Pro at the same time. :)
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Mex_Illini_14
    Mex_Illini_14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!! I was exactly like that too!! I could barely run and I did the C25K for the Color Run last month. I have learned to love running and actually have another race on saturday and running a 5K in 35 minutes. Just keep running! Keep it up!
  • simone2060
    simone2060 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used 5k, although about week 4, my phone died so I just ran until I couldnt. When I got back to my car I realized I had run 2 miles! 5k was great, but there's also C25K, and Zombie 5k that are pretty cool. Zombie 5k is interval training with a zombie story line haha
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! CONGRATS!!!!

I, too, used to barely be able to run. I remember 3 years ago, I couldn't run for more than 5 minutes and then I would be huffing and puffing and about ready to collapse and die. I ran my first 5k this past March and I had started slowly training for it from around mid-fall last year. It was such an amazing feeling to finish it! Soak up and enjoy the high! You deserve it! You've worked hard!

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know the feeling. Last year at this time I had just started the 0 to 5K app since then I've ran a couple of 5Ks, a 10K and am contemplating a half-marathon. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!