women where do you get your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• Agi0817
    Agi0817 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm a winners junkie and buy most of my clothes there including workout clothes. Prices are great..
  • Sktaylor_
    Sktaylor_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LuluLemon but it is ridiculously overpriced! So, my other go-tos are Nike, Under Armour (for basics), cheap socks from costco, or just random leggings I can find on sale at Academy! No matter what, I just make sure my leggings fit nice and tight as well as are super breathable to allow sweat! Because I've found sometimes exercising in lulu leggings is uncomfortably hot! Hope this helps! Also a huge fan of Target - inexpensive and gets the job done!!
  • goldengunz360
    Options
    I'm from Canada and I get most of my athletic gear from Sports Check and H&M (they have gear that looks like its from Lulu!!)
    :-)
  • goldengunz360
    Options
    H&M has the best fitness gear...Went and checked out the new store that opened up here in Victoria,British Columbia....found some great Gym tops and sports bra's :-)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My two favorite low cost bottoms are from Walmart (Danskin has running capri's and full length leggings both at $11.96) and TJMaxx/Marshalls Jockey (around $15 for the capri's)
    The next level up in price is Fila for me, I find them at Kohls.
    Tops are a different story. I don't like tops tight, even if they are wicking.
    I like 90 Degrees which I find at TJMaxx.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada and I get most of my athletic gear from Sports Check and H&M (they have gear that looks like its from Lulu!!)
    :-)

H & M? I didn't realize they did sports stuff in there. I am going into town later, going to take a look! :flowerforyou:
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Lululemon! They just got to Australia and I can't get enough of them! For less pricey stuff, Adidas is pretty decent, I have heaps of their gear.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Walmart. I'm not going to spend a ton of money on clothes I'm going to sweat up. I do invest in decent running shoes though.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. They had a 40% off sale in June on their active wear and I bought a ton.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Under Armour for running & compression stuff. Victoria's Secret for yoga pants.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP is in Canada, I would recommend Walmart. When I'm in the U.S. I would go to Target or Modells. FYI Target Canada is significantly higher than Target US. I couldn't find a pair of running capris for under 40 bucks. I went to Wal-Mart and go a pair for 18 and shirts for 8.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Lululemon is a Canadian company. I like Athleta for yoga capri's/pants, Prana for yoga tops (American made), and Nordstrom's line called Zenni.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Costco, Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx. I can't imagine paying LuLu prices for clothes I'm just going to sweat in. If you look at the off-price places and try on everything, you'll find something. Don't be afraid to venture outside whatever you think your size is -- I almost always wear a size smaller in exercise wear (small waist, big butt, no boobs). And my best girlfriend always wears a size bigger (small waist and giant boobs). It's all about how to shroud your personal body -- size doesn't matter. Being comfortable and feeling like you look reasonably good are the only things to be concerned with.
  • culpjm90
    culpjm90 Posts: 58
    Options
    I like consignment stores. Many people buy workout gear and NEVER use them (I've been guilty a time or two ;) That 30$ Gap shirt is mine for 3$

Sometimes I shop in the kids section at Target as well. XL shirts fit and are half the price

same here I love thirft shops....I have found so many workout clothes from salvation army and goodwill a lot of them with the tags still on them. I have a hard time spending $50+ on something I am going to sweat in and hopefully wont fit me for longer than a couple months at a time....once I reach my goal I might splurge a little bit since I know it will fit me for a long period of time
  • chankanaab07
    chankanaab07 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For workout tops, I shop my closet and demote old T-shirts :-D

For workout bottoms, I usually shop at Kohl's. When I get to my ultimate goal weight, I may invest in some quality pieces that will really last. I have some Nike shorts I've been wearing for 5+ years that still look almost new.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    +1 hate spending $ on clothes to sweat in. however, comfort is important. so where i once might have gone to walmart or old navy for some crappy rayon blend tights/yoga pants, i now spend like $15 more and get the cheapo nike/reebok knockoffs at an actual sport-people store. they're still better than that george brand. that's for bottoms. i get the looser fit track-pant style.

t-shirts come from the back of my closet (old school t-shirts? giveaways? no idea how they get there.)

have no special breast-containment issues so i'm ok with cheap sports bras. will not do nylon again, just feels weird.

someday i'm going to splurge on some nice 3% stretchy thing/97% medium-weight cotton really fashionable sweatpants.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I'm a winners junkie and buy most of my clothes there including workout clothes. Prices are great..

oh yeah, sometimes there are great deals at winners, true!
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Do any of these places have online stores & ship to Australia?
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    99% of my workout clothes from TJ Maxx. $24 for pants, a top, AND. a good sports bra? Can't beat it. I like Old Navy as well. When I hit goal I'll consider Lulumon. But I'll probably just stick to TJ Maxx :)
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    nike, reebock, puma. i am from the continental europe, live in belgium, and envy the us babes with all the choice they have...