Are You Being Watched...By Strangers?

Options

Replies

• Makeover0913
    Options
    I weigh 211 I'm 5'8' size 14 and I'm terrified of going to a zumba class at the local gym. Fear is gonna keep this weight on. Thank you for the story.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I wish this forum had a like button!

good going!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    What a great story! =D
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That was a great story. Cool.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hope so

I always leave my window curtains open just an inch or so...

And accidentally drop the towel in front of my open window. Er, your open window?
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Keep up the good work. Every time I see someone heavier then me going for it, and occasionally *passing* me--I wanna give them a high five! You remind me of my mom too. :D

She recently got down under 200lbs--for the first time in years--I wanted to throw her a gettin' smaller party or something. LOL
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! I have a hard time thinking that others may be thinking positive things. Thank you for sharing!

Oh my goodness! You are so beautiful. I wish that you could see the gorgeous, young woman that I see in your profile photo.

Sometimes when I do a blog or post, I forget that many of the folks on MFP were NEVER overweight to the extreme that I have been. Yet, we have the same insecurity about our appearance. I am totally shocked to find that someone who is attractive and an absolutely great weight cannot see the beauty that others see.

Take my word for it. When people look at you, they are seeing a truly attractive lady. :flowerforyou:
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, insightful comments. Words we can all learn from. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your weight loss and your newfound swimming skills. One day I hope to be able to swim that long as well, but it wasn't today! Good for you.
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is such a wonderful story. I am so glad that the two people said something to you. You should be so proud of yourself.
    By the way, have you taken measurements. I bet you have really toned up. Congratulations!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    By the way, have you taken measurements. I bet you have really toned up. Congratulations!

I have never done my measurements. I have dropped from size 32 (4X) to size 20 in blouses and tops, from size 38 to size 16 in pants. My stomach is shrinking; and happily, it is starting to lift up and in...not just hang like a fat apron. I wish that my fat upper arms would shrink, but everything in it's own good time.
  • Lifereclaiming
    Lifereclaiming Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A wonderful story such wonderfully said! Thank you :)
  • angeltil68
    Options
    Hi,
    I just wanted to tell you that I work with the best of the best our military has to offer. These guys are in SUPREME shape. I don't do what they do, but I am with them everyday, and I deploy with them where we work together 24 hours a day. I have NEVER ONCE heard them speak badly of any person that they see making an effort to better themselves. NOT ONCE. In fact, it's been my experience that if they see you are serious, they will bend over backwards to help. They will offer advice, give tips, correct your stance, give encouragement, whatever you need.....and I am willing to bet that 95% pf the people watching you exercise are cheering you on, impressed with your effort, envious at your ability, or jsut plain like what they see. I can tell you from personal experience that those super in shape people know what it takes to get there, and they applaud effort. Open those protective walls you have built up.....and I bet you will be amazed with the support that is out there. You might have to prove you are serious, but once that is done the support is incredible.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great blog, as ever. It's such a great story. I'm guilty of always thinking negative things when I see people looking at me. If I hear people laughing I think they're laughing at me. I'm getting better but it's a long old road! :flowerforyou:
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is the best story and a great way to start my day; a testament to the human spirit for sure.... It's funny how we always assume the worst when someone gives us more than a passing glance...

I am guilty of that too, my first thought is always, "Why are they looking at me?" or "What's wrong with me?"

I NEVER assume it's positive; why are we so hard on ourselves? Darned if I know but I loved your blog post:heart: because it's true and so many of us feel the same way :smile:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've been here about a year & half, and I've lurked the forums a lot. This is the first post I've ever read that has made me choke up a little. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for sharing moments like this.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It is easy to imagine that people are thinking the worst of you when you feel bad about yourself. As you become "one hot mama" your transformation on the inside will be even more amazing than the one on the inside. Even when people are mean or rude others may quietly be watching your reaction and be cheering you on inside even if they can't find the strength to reach out and say so. Keep swimming girl! XOXO
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That story made me cry! I am starting to realize the same thing. Some man was giving me a complement and I thought he was talking to some one else. He joked and asked "are you ignoring me?" I said, "No, I didn't know you were talking to me". He then said, " yeah your doing a good job". It made me feel so good. People are starting to notice my weight loss. I have lost 65 so far, but I have 97 to go.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Apparently EightBravoBravo is watching me... all the time..
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Yes. Some of these people are looking out for you, and have your best interest in mind.

In today's culture, many of us younger folks skip the cliched pleasantries and just start speaking our mind right away.

I'm sure more than half of those people watching you are actually friendly.