Working out everyday...eating right....gained 3lbs!?

Options
2»

Replies

• gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not logigng EVERYTHING. :( I know I should be, I just don't find the time in the day to write down everything I eat and such.

^ there is your problem...start logging everything..do you have a smartphone? Get the MFP App and log as you eat...or you can pre-log the night before..that is what I do ...

^^ DITTO what he said....
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Even if you can't log in everyday. Try and write what you are eating down in a notebook, then when you have time you can log it in later. This way it's a lot easier to keep track of what you are eating. x
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    And with the App, even if you don't have time to put every individual thing in, you can but a quick calories entry for a good guess (I always round up) and then you've at least got an idea of how much you have left.
  • hbb86
    hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When you loose weight, your body starts to store water and build muscle, its unlikely you will see this gain again, but if you do, it just means your body is turning some of the fat into muscle. Try not to worry - try measuring your hips and waist etc and go by inches on weeks where youve noticed a gain.

Best of luck xxx
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    You're gaining bc you're not logging. You're overeating. There's time to log. I have two kids, work, volunteer and am very busy. I find the time. That's an excuse.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I'm not logigng EVERYTHING. :( I know I should be, I just don't find the time in the day to write down everything I eat and such.

Why are you here?

bahahahaha...MFP card, pulled...
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pre plan your meals and prepare them before going to work, etc.. What I do is that I plan my meals for the next day before hand with the amount of calories I want / need to have for the day, and then I follow the exact measurements for my meals. It makes everything easier and it's like following a recipe...

That also gives me the flexibility to give or take some calories in favor of goodies like frappuchinos haha.

But you have to be disciplined about the logging and the counting of calories.

People here are discipline with their logging and calories intake and that's the reason why they've been succesful (mention that it doesn't matter the method or diet they follow, the details are the same).

Good luck.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You need to focus on what you eat to lose weight. Start logging!!