Hit a wall due to exercise

Options
Hi guys, so far this year i have dropped from 22 st to just less than 19st. This was phase one of my lifestyle change and has been achieved by eating more frequently through the day with healthier balanced meals and snacks. Phase two of my plan started 2 weeks ago, joining a gym and going approx 3-4 times per week. I am concentratingmostly on interval training on the treadmill, which comes ou at about 8k over an hour running. I am typically eating approx 1500 - 1700 cal/day, with additional protein supplements. The problem is that the steady weight loss seen since the start of the year has come to a grinding halt, and i even expect that I may have gained weight when I weigh in tonight. Can anyone releate to this and suggest some gym work that will not increase weight. I know that body fat may be decreasing which is great, but I need to be less than 18st to do my freefall jump for charity

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but good luck with dropping the weight you need to do your charity freefall jump
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is just like that.

The thing to do is to take a break and maintain for a while.
  • danielalbin
    danielalbin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do believe you are still losing fat, however all of the exercise is making your body gain muscle (which is good). Unfortunately, the scale looks at this "muscle-fat" exchange with unforgiveness and refuses to budge. I have something similar happening in my life. For example, I workout about 4 days a week Mon - Fri with some running, biking, push ups, etc.. My weight holds steady all week, BUT on Saturday, when I stop exercising (and cheat on my food log sometimes *cough*cough*) I always LOSE weight. For the longest time I couldn't figure it out, but my theory is that during the week I have an even muscle-fat exchange. Then on the weekends, I start to lose the muscle, which reflects on the scale. Weight loss is a funny thing.....
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Phase two of my plan started 2 weeks ago
    Give it time. When you start exercising your body will hold onto water for muscle repair. Keep on plan and monitor your progress over the course of 6-8 weeks. Then if necessary make small adjustments.

Patience.
  • tonyb111111
    Options
    Good advice guys, thanks. I will keep it up and mionitor