Coffee?

Options

Replies

• yellowmirror
    Options
    I was successful losing a good amount of weight back about 10 years ago and keeping it off for many years, and I NEVER gave up my coffee!! I did make a big switch from regular sugar and cream to equal and 10 calorie per tsp coffeemate..OR fat free half and half... I could never seem to enjoy it with skim milk! I will never give up my coffee.. I average 1 cup per day, about 10 oz..

Enjoy!
  • mutley1971
    mutley1971 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    with me giving up my coffee(like you just a couple of cups a day) wouldn't help my weight loss but it would make me late for work every day and mean me sleeping at my desk LOL :)
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't speak in the morning without having coffee. I cut everything out and either drink it black or with a bit of soymilk. Love it. Need it.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    For some reason this song became stuck in my head:

1213686143535.jpg_595.jpg

So yeah, never gonna give up my coffee! But I agree with other people, I now use almond milk and have weened off the sugar years ago. In fact, i'm drinking coffee right now and I love it!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up coffee, but I now drink mine black. Just make sure you're logging the coffee and whatever you're putting into it. I see no reason to give it up.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Who can live without coffee?

ME! :-D

I cut caffeine out completely, not for dieting reasons but because it was making me very tired in the afternoons and I was struggling to function at work. Then I'd have another coffee to try to wake up, but it just ended up spiraling downwards and I found I was then awake most of the night so the whole situation got out of control. No way is coffee worth all that. It took about two weeks to stop the withdrawal headaches, but I feel a lot better for it.

A decaf cafe latte from Costa is my occasional treat now. I drink herbal teas that are naturally caffeine free and I SLEEP WELL :D consequently, I'm able to function during the day.
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For some reason this song became stuck in my head:

1213686143535.jpg_595.jpg

So yeah, never gonna give up my coffee! But I agree with other people, I now use almond milk and have weened off the sugar years ago. In fact, i'm drinking coffee right now and I love it!

:drinker:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!! you look fantastic in your display picture!

Glad i dont have to give it up, its one of my little pleasures! i only have 1-2 a day :)

Thanks for the advice!

xx

Coffee with low fat milk in it has very few calories, so enjoy!

In fact, you shouldn't have to give up any of the foods you enjoy while trying to lose weight - just control your portions to fit within your caloric goals.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I won't give up my coffee:) I use to drink with 1 cane sugar and skimmed milk at the start, now I am having black with stevia sugar, 2-3 cups a day :)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes to coffee!!

Five calries in a tall pike place roast coffee from Starbucks. I use Splenda and a no fat no sugar creamer that I log

Caffeine is the number one ingredient in fat burners - drink up - great before your workout! ;)
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I drink at least a cup a day m-f and maybe one on the weekend depending on how I feel. I love my coffee black so it hasn't hinder my progress. I used to drink it with tons of sugar and cream before I started being healthy and then I realized I loved the flavor of coffee beans and the effect of coffee. :drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    am about 13% body fat and drinks two cups a day ...

My coffee ain't going nowhere...!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66lbs and drink quite a bit of coffee, just with full fat milk, or semi skim at work. I like skim milk but not in coffee. As a treat I'll get a skinny latte or cappuccino from Costa or Starbucks.

With 2 young kids and lots of disturbed nights I am not giving up my coffee! I don't think I could handle some of my classes (I'm a teacher) without a caffeine fix either!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

This might sound like a really crap thing to ask, but i wondered where you all stood on drinking coffee during your diet? I have a significant amount to loose and i drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day (semi skimmed milk, 2 artificial sweetners) should i cut this out and try peppermint tea?

Thanks everyone!

xxx

Not a chance I'm giving up my coffee. One or two every workday (sometimes more), I vary drinking black, with sweetener or with sweetener and creamer or skim milk, depending up on my mood. If the cals fit in my goal calories, it's all good.

Mind you, I like teas as well. Peppermint tea, however, tends to give me an upset stomach though I love the taste.
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Coffee? Yes, please. I need my large mug in the morning, with artificial sweetener and powdered non-dairy creamer. But the rest of the day I drink tea with only the artificial sweetener. On days that are close calls (calorie wise) I'm not prepared to spare more calories on creamer.

If I couldn't have my coffee.... Godzilla destroying Tokyo. Not good for anyone, really.
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No way I could do this if I had to give up my coffee. I still drink coffee everyday, but I drink it black.. always have

The ONLY thing I've changed is that instead of drinking it all day long, I switch over to water around 10 am so that I can get in my 4 liters per day
  • qofspades
    qofspades Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I put coffee in my protein shakes. It tastes almost better than my addiction, Starbucks.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 coffees a day, I have 6 kids I am NOT giving up my coffee!!! Oh and I am down 75lbs so it didn't stop my progress.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee. Every day.

...and I certainly don't consider what I'm doing a diet. I just changed how I live.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I drink two a day with Fat Free International Delight French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. I just count the calories for the creamer.

I would have gone batty if I had to give up my coffee!

Good luck and enjoy your coffee!