Becoming Sober--100 Days Later

Options

Replies

• MissyShelle776
    Options
    Way to go!! I'm on Day 11 and you are right, it's not always easy, but oh, is it worth it!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing. I wish that could thank everyone of you individually, but I am too lazy. :tongue: :tongue:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I hit 365 days at the beginning of the month. Some days are worse than others but they are totally worth it!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Tyler!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Tyler, I couldn't be happier for you. What you are doing is the biggest miracle and the best gift you will ever give yourself and those around you.

I drank that much too, when I stopped. My first year was the hardest thing I have ever been through -- the first year sober was harder than the last years of drinking were. But at 14 months sober, my life started to get better and better. And my life today is beyond what I ever could have chosen or even imagined for myself. My sobriety date is January 3, 2005.

Keep taking it one day at a time.

Elaine
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Amazing! :smooched:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It takes a very strong person to admit they have a problem. It takes a stronger person to do something about it. Thanks for posting. You've inspired me.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Even though I did not follow your story, congratulations. You are amazing! Stay strong :flowerforyou:
  • elvenaria1
    elvenaria1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Keep it up, one day at a time.....
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    WTG, that's amazing!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Well done. There are many types of strength, all applauded on mfp, but this type of strength, strength of resolve and spirit is not applauded enough. You should be very proud- you are doing an amazing thing that can never be looked back on with regret.
    Keep up the good work! :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Tyler, I don't know you, but your post literally brought tears to my eyes. I know first hand what living with an alcoholic is like, and how it can destroy a family, especially children, for generations to come. The courage it took for you to admit to yourself you had a problem and the willingness to do something about it, was your first selfless act of sobriety.
    I know it wasn't easy. It will probably never be easy, but nothing worth having is really ever easy.
    Congratulations to you. I know your family and friends must be so very proud of you. You will probably never fully realize the enormous shift in your future and those around you.
    Keep up the great work! And enjoy your new life.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TyTy76/view/becoming-sober-100-days-later-554635

100 Days
    2400 hours
    144000 Minutes
    Or some where close to that.

100 days ago I sat down and admitted that I had a problem. I couldn't handle the beer anymore. It was time for a change, time for a new me. I "confessed" everything on here, and since that day my friends on here have been nothign short of amazing.

I've laughed
    I've cried
    I've been scared
    I've been embarrassed
    I've been ashamed

I've also been proud, & that is something that no one can ever take away from me. 100 days ago I didn't think that this was possible. I didn't believe that the guy who was drinking 18-24 beers a night could just STOP. But holy ****, I have done it. I can't say that it's been easy. I can't say that I haven't stood in front of a beer fridge for an hour wondering if I could have just one.

What I can say, is that if you think you need help, then get it. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's scary, it hurts, but there is a lot to be said for a sober life.

My friends: There is no way I could of done this without you. You have been nothing short of amazing. You're always there when it's late and I need you. You always know how to make me smile. You know how to make it all seem okay.

I don't know when my next blog will be. 150? 200? 360? But just know that if I can do it, then you can too.

Peace.

Tyler

Good work Tyler. Keep it up! I'm just across the river if you ever need help or struggle.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    you're doing great ty!
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You've filled my inspiration quota for the day! Good for you!
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Congratulations.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your story and your success!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bumping

Cause Tyler is AMAZING

:heart:
  • theCoke
    theCoke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's funny how big of a weight that is lifted when you lose the alcohol. I have 4 1/2 months sober and I feel so much lighter. :)
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the amazing work. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!