Will i still be ok to go to the gym

Options
On Monday i woke up with back pain, i didn't go to the gym yesterday because it was quite sore, this morning my doctor rang me to say recent scans show i have a lump on my kidney and that it was sent to a kidney doctor and he told them he wants me to have a CT scan, so my back pain is obviously coming from my kidney its not so bad i think i could handle the gym, my head isn't quite in it, i cant find the motivation to get dressed, i am far to worried about what the lump is even though the doctor did say she thought it was benign but the kidney doctor wants to look more into it.

I have no idea when i might get a appointment the woman on the phone didn't say i couldn't carry on with normal activities but i have decided to keep away from alcohol until i have had the scan and results back.

So if you could just motivate me to the gym that would be great lol

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    that sounds like something you should take it easy with- and consult your physician.

go for a walk if you must get out of the house.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I agree a walk sounds perfect - your still burning calories... When do you see the kidney doctor? Wishing you luck that everything turns out ok!
  • Nataliieexo
    Nataliieexo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you i will do that for now, i have no idea when i see him they said they would contact me as soon as he had contacted them with an appointment.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Dude... praying for you...

If it helps, getting into the gym will actually help your state-of-mind.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    As some others said, try walking. Don't engage in any vigorous exercise that could make things worse. I'm not going to pretend that anything will banish the anxiety, but this might be the time to look into something like mindfulness or Insight Meditation (Vipassana).

Here's a link to a site if you want to try it: http://www.audiodharma.org/series/1/talk/1762/

Good luck.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Write down and keep with you any questions:
    Dietary restrictions recommended
    Activities to be avoided
    Ways to sleep that may alleviate pain
    Over the counter pain relievers to avoid
    etc for when they call back and if you haven't heard by mid afternoon today you could simply ask that the doctor calls you by the end of the day. If they ask why...just run through your questions. It is likely the person calling you will have answers or know who does.
    There is no harm in nagging or asking questions when it comes to your wellbeing. Don't be shy when it comes to feeling better :D
    Good luck to you!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This^^^ Walking would be good, or any other activity that doesn't seem to make the pain worse. Perhaps the elliptical or swimming.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Dude... praying for you...

If it helps, getting into the gym will actually help your state-of-mind.

This.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body!