fat smoker to triathlete

Options

Replies

• Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I hope to join you next year in Racine, you did amazing and it was fun and inspiring meeting you after the race, I agree the waves were Hugh and you did amazing , congrats on your journey and 70.3 race
  • gigglemachine
    gigglemachine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great story, you have achieved so much! And I cannot believe your first triathlon was an IRONMAN 70.3!!! Thanks for providing lots of inspiration and motivation, especially when I see your "crazy" workouts in my newsfeed :)
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Amazing :smile: and thankyou for the inspiration
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! A-freaking-mazing transformation. You're like... a completely different person!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    amazing story - well done for never giving up even when injured :smile:
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's a great triumph!
  • mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing this, expecially about setting goals and sticking to them even with setbacks. I needed to read that! :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You look great :) Congrats!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Extremely proud of you. An Amazing job. Thank you so much for sharing your story and also for the great advise. Certainly inspired and motivated me. I love to read stories like yours. Thanks again.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do one of the Diabetes Run for the Cure. They always have the runs in these amazing locations. I'm DOING IT! I'm setting a quit date for September 25th for smoking - my 40th birthday. Thanks for your inspiring story!
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    How long were you a smoker for? I've quit for 6 months now and still find myself short of breath when jogging. Just hoping that it will get better soon. Smoked on and off for 20 years.

Congrats on reaching your goals!
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Bump for training inspiration!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are a new person and i SALUTE you.

*amazing*
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!
  • twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lovely story. Well done you!!!!
  • sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options
    You are one of the most inspiring stories I have ever read on here. You have amazing willpower and determination. I am a former smoker and current runner. Swimming is not my thing which keeps me from doing any tri's. However, You Are An Ironman!!! That is so cool! BTW I second and third that you do not even look remotely like the same person in your pics. Best of luck on your future endeavors and congrats to your wife for quitting smoking as well. : )
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Inspiring results.
  • farida1960
    farida1960 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations , there are two important people in my life who is obese and I would love them to read your hard work and awesome results.
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    I bow down before you man! You are a true inspiration:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!