30 Day Shred Challenge

Options
Hey Everyone!!!

I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred today... I was wondering if anyone would like to join me!?!? We can keep each other motivated and share results!

Replies

• ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was thinking of starting it today. I am not sure if it will be too hard for me. But I am going to give it my best for 30 days.
    Would love to have company.
  • beatons23
    beatons23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey

I started this today too so i'll join in and share!

Ive started it quite a few times and got about a fortnight in but found it was difficult to keep it up everyday with all my other commitments, going to be so dedicated this time! Not doing it for weight loss specifically, more to tone and get some muscle!

Day 1 Level 1 done.
    I'll be doing one more day of Level 1 then going up to Level 2 as I'm not a beginner at this, just a procrastinator!

How did you find it?
  • Overridden
    Overridden Posts: 19
    Options
    I will join,haven't done more then walk for 4 years,so should be interesting.I will have to start tomorrow tho.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! How did you find your first workout????? I found it crazy hard but I never stopped moving so that I could keep my heart rate up...
  • Jrny2aFabMe
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing the 30 day shred, so I'll definitely join in :)
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started on the 22nd as well! Let's do this!!
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would just like to let everyone know that wonderful MFP users have created a website just for 30DS results so you don't have to search all over for them! You can also submit your own results! The website is:

http://www.30dsresults.com

Enjoy!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    Just finished day 2... and it was much harder than yesterday!! I woke up with some pretty sore abs this morning... and I could feel them for the entire workout! How is everyone else doing so far??
  • 1CW1
    1CW1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 Level 1, Day 3 was worse than Day 1 so I'm hoping I've pushed through that barrier and tonight will be a little less murderous?

(FYI I am just starting out at 247 lbs and from a very sedentary lifestyle, so a big challenge for me)

I'm aiming to day each level for 10 days for 30 days straight, just to prove to myself I can.

Good luck everybody!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    I am also 247 lbs, also with a sedentary lifestyle due to my career. We can do this!!!
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday, so today will be day 2. :) Definitely need to take the before/after photos once it is completed. I am sore after just one day! Happy to be doing this with others though!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I "did" this yesterday. It was a sad sight! lol I am feeling it all over today. Will continue on :drinker:
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I want to join!!! I finished the 30 day shred a few months ago and got great results (dropped a dress size). I have done it every now and then since I completed it. I'm gonna sneak in and enjoy the Jillian Michaels fun with you all :)
  • 1CW1
    1CW1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am also 247 lbs, also with a sedentary lifestyle due to my career. We can do this!!!

My career change fueled my weight gain and sedentary lifestyle too! Boo! But Yay to the changes we are going to see from our hard work!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    I am also feeling it today!!! But the pain feels soooooooooooo goooooooood!!!! Makes me feel like I accomplished something... the pain made day 2 harder tho... looking forward to this getting easier!!! I am so happy to be doing this with all of you!!! Keeps me accountable having to log in everyday to tell everyone that I did it!

For those who started on the same day as me.... only 28 more days to go!!!! Keep it up ladies!!! Can't wait to see all of the before and after photos :)
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Day 2 today. I did so much better! Did I stop at times? Yes! BUT, I kept going all the way to the end. Hopefully, tomorrow I can go all the way through.
  • Jennny206
    Jennny206 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join. I just bought the DVD last night. I have a yoga mat, but does anyone know if I need weights or anything? Thanks!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    You don't have to have weights... but it does make it harder. I started out using 2lb dumbbells... you can use soup cans if you want
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    Good for you!!! :) How are your abs and legs feeling this morning?? My everything hurts!
  • ChelseaLeigh92
    Options
    Done Day 2 of Level 1 yesterday now it's Day 3 of Level 1 and the first time I'm doing this DVD. My stomach doesn't hurt as much as day 1 but my thighs are hurting!! Every time I bent down I don't think I'll ever get back up unless I crawl down to the floor and pull myself up!

I'm really hoping I see great results but I'm not convinced I will see these results personally, but 28 more days to go so we will see, I need a lot of encouragement! I'm shattered! :(