Girls! Have you changed body shape after losing weight?

Options
LSJC18
LSJC18 Posts: 48 Member
I'm 5'5 and 158lbs right now and I've been losing weight since the first of this month at a rate of about 3 pounds per week. I really hate my waist (measurements are 38 32 40).
I was wondering if any of you had actually lost a lot of inches on your waist? Like enough to become hourglass/pear from Apple/straight?
I don't want to have a big waist forever T.T

Replies

• theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You will always have the same shape. what makes your shape is your bone structure.

you could build muscle in areas like your bum
  • alexhelena
    alexhelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was pretty straight up and down, until I started working out (first I did 30DS, now I'm doing Insanity), and as soon as I started to lose weight and gain some more muscle, my stomach area became more curvy, ie. my waist was more identifiable. Not an hourglass shape by any stretch of the imagination, but strength training programs definitely helped to create some more curviness in my shape.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I tell everybody, stand in the mirror naked, if you are only loosing weight, you'll just be a smaller version of that, but if you add muscle, we can fudge it. No butt? Squats. No waist. Work on chest AND thighs, butt, etc... you'll be the same, but you can have a little optical illusion in your life... Just my opinion..
  • mimicrain
    mimicrain Posts: 9
    Options
    As you lose weight you will lose inches, but you will lose them all over. So your waist will not be the size it is now but your basic body composition will stay the same. I have an "hour glass" figure and no matter what my weight/dress size is my waist is always small in comparison with my hips.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My waist has gone down quite a bit. I don't measure myself but I can tell by my clothes.

My problem spots are always my hips, thighs and behind :P
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I tell everybody, stand in the mirror naked, if you are only loosing weight, you'll just be a smaller version of that, but if you add muscle, we can fudge it. No butt? Squats. No waist. Work on chest AND thighs, butt, etc... you'll be the same, but you can have a little optical illusion in your life... Just my opinion..

I think that's a great approach - although not an optical illusion but a reality if you work those areas.
  • manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for nearly 8 months now... but actually working out 7 months... Started slow, now I'm a work-outaholic :o)

I say def. take progress pics. The trouble I have with measurements is I am not sure I am always measuring myself in the same spot. because an inch higher or lower could give different results!

Any how I just compared my Necked back/booty pics!! WOW, my scale hasn't really moved in the last two months onlylike -1lb difference But my body composion is changing like crazy! I am really happy with my progress, and work out with Heavy weights if you arent yet. I am almost 2 months into working out with weights and I am loving the changes they are bringing. Things are looking way TIGHTER and lifted which is always nice.

My measurements are 35 32 39 and I am only 5'3. I had 3 babies all almost 10lbs, and gained a lot of weight with each pregnancy... Happy I am now below my prepreggo weight, but my belly/mid section is my biggest flaw... From my understanding it is just going to take a lot of time... My results are not as fast as I've seen on here, but maybe because I wasn't eating enough to fuel my high intensity workouts... Also I never touched weights before 2 months ago... Big issue :o)

There is also a wonderful site Eatmore2weighless.com I just started with the group and hopefully will break my plataue with their help!!

Good luck to you, and remember its not a quick fix, things take time :o)
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Not everyone stays the same shape (ie, a smaller version of what you see in the mirror). Although yes, you will likely look similar, that isn't always the case (for women in particular). For example, I tend to gain the majority of my weight in my thighs. So when I lose, I go from being a pear shaped woman to an hour glass shaped woman. But again, it's all personal and depends on how your body loses fat.
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really changes a huge amount I never really had a 'shape' I was just kinda like a blob before but now I'm developing an hour glass figure so I guess thats what was hiding away before. But my *kitten*, hips and thighs are always gonna be huge. Trousers that fit perfect on the waist are super tight on my legs and bum. Some things never change!
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    My overall shape has always been hourglass.. even when I was bigger, I've always looked proportioned. When I was bigger me and my friends would joke about the fact that I didn't have a butt, though. I had hips.. but no butt. Now that I've lost weight, sometimes I don't know if I lost weight and found my butt or if I gained a butt through exercise LOL.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options

This, I have lost 114 lbs and havebseen my shape change A LOT, I think weihht lifting, squats, lunges, puships, tricep dips seem to help the modt , also a program like 30 day shred helps a lot
    I think that's a great approach - although not an optical illusion but a reality if you work those areas.
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite, I was skinny and my shape changed when I gained! I was an hour glass before I gained weight and now I am an apple. Usually a lot of apples change shape because they gain all their weight around the middle, but once the weight is gone from the middle you are straight up and down, or realize you have a slim waist and are more hour glass. before gaining weight I was 39 29 39. I gained weight from pregnancy and now I am aweful. I am biggest around the belly button. its awful!
  • kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear and will always be a pear, but when I do yoga I do "stretch out" and become a little more proportioned.
  • BooBoo1264
    BooBoo1264 Posts: 164
    Options
    I kept my shape. Just less padding :D
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I've always been an hourglass and I still am, but at the moment I'm not a whole lot of one. I've lost a lot of inches from my upper body, butt, and thighs, and none from my middle (around my belly button - at my natural waist I've lost a lot, too). It'll come off eventually, I know, and I'll get those curves back (especially since my boobs didn't shrink). It's just hard to be patient.
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I went from a pudgy ball shape to either pear or hourglass depending on the definition. The biggest change I saw was around my tummy (about 5 inches) which is why I can say that I definitely did change shapes :tongue:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I lost my curves and became a stick and hated it so I gained a bit back and have some curves.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this applies or answer your question but I had a nice figure before getting pregnant/fat and when I got pregnant I gained alnost 50lbs I already lost all the baby weight but my body looks so different :-(
    My waist is bigger therefore makes my hips looks smaller and I need butt work too.

So it depends for some people jt doesn't change for me it did and not in a good way. I hope my body can get to look as awesome as it looked when I was single and skinny lol
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I went from a pudgy ball shape to either pear or hourglass depending on the definition. The biggest change I saw was around my tummy (about 5 inches) which is why I can say that I definitely did change shapes :tongue:

Yep I saw your sucess storie and you look cute. Very nice figure.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You will always have the same shape. what makes your shape is your bone structure.

you could build muscle in areas like your bum

then whats the point
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!