Girls! Have you changed body shape after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I lost my curves and became a stick and hated it so I gained a bit back and have some curves.

Like like your comment I want to lose weight but don't want to look like a stick either lol
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I went from stick figure to hour glass after I gained weight.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My apple shape was so obvious when I was heavier (4'10" 28 inch waist) now I have a 24-25 inch waist. No more apple over here.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nope - same shape - hourglass before - better hourglass as I lose.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Slowly going from straight to hourglass.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    When I used cardio and calorie restriction only, I lost weight, got smaller, but kept the same shape.

When I started lifting weights, I also got smaller, but my body shape started looking a lot more like I wanted it to.

I wish I had started lifting weights sooner, because I am so happy with the trasformation I am seeing, even after only a few months.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    It's not always true that you stay the same shape as you lose like some people are claiming.

I was very much an apple shape before I lost 30 pounds. Most of my extra weight was in my stomach/back area. Now that I'm smaller I am very much an hourglass.

My shape absolutely changed. However, everyone is different. Only time will tell for you.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No.

I am blessed to have an hourglass shape & look it when very heavy as well as when I am a small size. I love having an hourglaass shape but it sure is more fun when I'm smaller.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I tell everybody, stand in the mirror naked, if you are only loosing weight, you'll just be a smaller version of that, but if you add muscle, we can fudge it. No butt? Squats. No waist. Work on chest AND thighs, butt, etc... you'll be the same, but you can have a little optical illusion in your life... Just my opinion..

Ditto.
    Before March this year, I used to do 90% cardio (kickboxing, zumba, running) and I had a "flat tortilla butt".
    But I've switched over to 95% lifting weights/squats workout and BAM, I have a butt! My swim suit bottom looks great!
    I did the squat challenge: started at 40squats/day (added matching abs crunches, 60pushups, 1min wall sit and 1min plank), and finished at 300squats/300abs. Glad I took pictures, even if changes were minimal.

Lift some weights!

Amanda
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like hourglass
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I went from more of a pear to an hourglass. My measurements used to be 36-33-40 but are now 36-27-36. I basically just lost a lot of fat from my butt and hips, and found my waist! Lol
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I kind of have a hidden hourglass shape because i'm at 230 ppounds right now. About 8 months ago I was at 150-160 and my hourglass figure was emerging, but then I gained weight when I quit smoking. I've always had a nice round butt, and nice hips, but I gain weight all over the place so my belly makes my hips look smaller and less hourglass-y. I look nice in a good top and jeans though :)
  • Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm 5'2". At 335 lbs, I was a blob. At 216 lbs (where I am now :3), I'm a very shapely hourglass with pretty even fat distribution everywhere. Having baby-bearing hips is a thing that runs in my family, and my butt has always been particularly perky and shapely. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this fat continue to fall off as I run and lift weights so that the hourglass looks prettier.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 158lbs right now and I've been losing weight since the first of this month at a rate of about 3 pounds per week. I really hate my waist (measurements are 38 32 40).
    I was wondering if any of you had actually lost a lot of inches on your waist? Like enough to become hourglass/pear from Apple/straight?
    I don't want to have a big waist forever T.T

Your measurments sound beautiful as far as shape goes :) whats wrong with hour glass? Im building up my upper back to be hour glass :)
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can totally change your body shape if you lift weights to help you lose. In the past I've lost weight, and ended up smaller but with the same shape, same muscle to fat ratio (aka: skinny fat). But I've been lifting heavy for a while now and see really good curves that I didn't have before... I lost something like 7 inches around my middle.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You will always have the same shape. what makes your shape is your bone structure.

you could build muscle in areas like your bum

Not true. My body is a completely different shape now. So far I'm down 68 lbs :happy:
  • giveMEbeauty
    Options
    Bump
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass/top heavy when I'm at my slimmest, but I turn into an apple the second I put on weight. It might be my IR which leads me to put on weight around my middle, but lots of the non-IR women in my family do the same thing so I think genetics are involved to.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    When I was smaller(high school) i looked like tubing. Straight up and down no curves except the boobs. I'm still big and far from my goal but since I incorporated strength training I feel like I have some curves developing that will be accentuated when I lose the fat. I do assisted chinups, clean and jerks and squats like crazy in addtition to my strength training class, spin and other cardio stuff. Muscle work seems to have helped me or at least that's how i look at it.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I lost about 11 inches from my waist ( well the part right below my belly button that was the largest). Feel free to take a look at my profile pics. It just takes time, eat healthy and workout and it will happen. I still have probably 4 or 5 more inches to lose from my tummy but it will happen! I went from a Blob shape ahha to more of an hourglass. Still have more to lose so it should become more evident as i continue losing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!