How often do you weigh in?

hmdavis
hmdavis Posts: 26
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey there everyone, I was just wondering how often everyone weighs in. I was weighing myself everyday, but realized that I was getting obsessive over what the scale would say, and how much is just normal fluctuation. So now, I'm thinking just once a week will be better. But, I'm curious, what does everyone else do?

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Seems like most people do it weekly ... I was weighing myself weekly, but switched to monthly in July. I was getting too stressed about the scale and this really freed my mind up to just go on my healthy way and do my thing and enjoy the journey! Plus it's more fun to see a 4 or 5 pound loss than a bunch of 1 pound losses ;)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    I weigh daily. I like to see the scale (well Wii) move and if it doesn't, it motivated me to do better!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    I weigh in every morning and every afternoon my trainer yells at me for it! lol..

He has told me if you have to do it, do it weekly, otherwise do it monthly.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    I started out doing the daily thing, but that got obsessive and started to get me down about the whole weight loss thing. Then, I switched to weekly (every Monday morning), which seems to work well for me.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    I've been weighing in officially once a week but usually sneak a peak during the week. I find that I fluctuate a lot. I think it would be fun to weigh once a month to see a bigger drop at once, but I don't think I could wait.
  • I like to weigh myself everyday or so to be able to keep track. On the days when I know I've overindulged I like to know how that affected my weight. The experts claim that a person should weigh themselves once a week so I'm trying to make the switch but I still step on the scale in the morning to see my progress. If weighing yourself everyday or every week motivates you then do what works for YOU:smile:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Once a day, in the morning.
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Once a week or I become way to obsessive about it. I like the idea of once a month but I am afraid I would fall off the wagon in the beginning and then starve at the end!
This discussion has been closed.