Anyone lost lots of weight and had excess skin removed pix?

Options
hannah1011z
hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
So because I started at 360 and want to be at 130 i am pretty sure im going to need surgery to remove all of my excess skin. I was woundering if you could post your pix as well as how much you had to pay to have everything removed ect. please please thank you :)

Replies

• NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I am interested in this too. I have lost 132 lbs and have 7 lbs more to go to ultimate weight (which would put me at exactly half my size). While I work my butt off (literally), I do cardio 7 days a week and strength training twice a week (1 hour sessions each).
    I still have a lot of tummy fat/skin hanging. We always do core among other things during my PT sessions so it is not like I am not trying, I just think some people's body types and other factors will not allow for a flat stomach after that much weight gain and loss.
    I am also considering a breast lift and getting my "bat wings" removed. I started looking in to it around here (I am in Ontario Canada) and it would be around 15 thousand, but that is without consultation so it could be more or less.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My high is 452 lbs and I want to get down to around 235 or so. I am definitely going to have the skin issue and it really bothers me. I am curious about this as well.
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Would i need that if i'm losing 30 Lbs? :/
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I know there is an MFP member who lost 300lbs and then had skin surgery. He has pics, etc. on his website. His story is amazing.

www.gettingfit4life.com

To those worried about skin issues, try to focus on getting the weight off first before you become depressed about excess skin. You'll look a hell of a lot better/be a hell of a lot healthier with excess skin rather than excess weight! :flowerforyou:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I know there is an MFP member who lost 300lbs and then had skin surgery. He has pics, etc. on his website. His story is amazing.

www.gettingfit4life.com

To those worried about skin issues, try to focus on getting the weight off first before you become depressed about excess skin. You'll look a hell of a lot better/be a hell of a lot healthier with excess skin rather than excess weight! :flowerforyou:

Beat me to it...... lol Make sure you put the surgeon over the price... I did my homework for over 6 months and meet with my top 3 choices b4 I decided on the surgeon I was going to have do my circumferential body lift... I paid a little more for him but in the long run it was worth it... If I had to do it again, I would in a heart beat, I had 17 lbs. of excess skin removed which made I huge difference in my overall appearance as well as mobility.... Best of Luck.....
  • CyberEd312
    Options
    I might add this surgery in alot of cases is done in an outpatient surgery center.. There are electives to still have it done in a conventional hospital but my surgeon even though he had practicing rights at 3 of the area hospitals does the majority of his surgery at the surgical center.... This center charges in block of hours and my circumferential body lift was billed as a 6 hour surgery. Everything went off without a hitch and my surgery took 5 hr. and 24 minutes so I got money back for the difference in time (your bill is paid a week ahead of surgery. If your surgery ran over the alotted time then you would be charged in 15 minutes blocks until the surgery was completed. I spent a few hours in recovery (that is all included in the price) and then I was released. I had my surgery done 90 miles from my home so my surgeon wanted me to stay in town and see me the next day before releasing me to go home... I stayed at a local hotel in a handicap accessible room with a recliner and then seen him the following day around 3 p.m. and then was home by 6 p.m. or there about..... My surgery was not covered by insurance so it was out of pocket and was just shy of $15k....... Hope that helps... Go to my website there are Pre and Post op pics, you tube videos, blogs.....

www.gettingfit4life.com
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options

www.gettingfit4life.com

Beat me to it...... lol Make sure you put the surgeon over the price... I did my homework for over 6 months and meet with my top 3 choices b4 I decided on the surgeon I was going to have do my circumferential body lift... I paid a little more for him but in the long run it was worth it... If I had to do it again, I would in a heart beat, I had 17 lbs. of excess skin removed which made I huge difference in my overall appearance as well as mobility.... Best of Luck.....

You are very inspirational and im amazed at how far youve come! I have been hearing from different places that eventually that scars fade, is that true? Does your stomach look like its always been that way now? You are amazing congrats!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    my surgeon tells me to waite atleast 2 years after I reach my goal which will be a total of 200 pounds lose. He tells me most the skin will reshape. I want to believe that as I do not want anymore surgery and would never have the money. Seems to me a person should be able to donate the skin to a burn unit and they pay part or all of the cost. Just an idea.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Roni Noone from Roni's Weigh did:

http://ronisweigh.com/ronis-updates/tummy-tuck-pictures

She's pretty open about the whole process :smile:.
  • CyberEd312
    Options

www.gettingfit4life.com

You are very inspirational and im amazed at how far youve come! I have been hearing from different places that eventually that scars fade, is that true? Does your stomach look like its always been that way now? You are amazing congrats!

The scar will eventually fade to the point they won't be that noticeable but my definition of normal may be a little skewed because I have lost over 300 pounds and from what I was dealing with to the way I look now is night and day's difference. so when I weigh everything out, my age, the amount of weight I have lost, how much I had stretched my skin out, etc.... I think I look pretty good considering..... lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!