log calories - vomit

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling sick and having a hard time keeping food down. I'd also suggest the BRAT diet and then what I've done in those times is the minute I'm hungry eat like a maniac. Have somethign ready for that time. Maybe when BF's getting you the banana he can get that too.

Sorry if TMI but I was violently ill the other day and so Iogged my eaten cals and then put MINUS cals for some "quick add" cals to compensate. Minus cals are made by simply typing a minus sign in front of the number of cals you want to subtract.

I know it's hard when you know you need the food, so I hope the BRAT helps you get your tummy ready to eat. Like I said, be ready to kill it when it's time.

For me the two main reasons from my past include pregnancy, you have to eat when your PG, no matter the morning sickness. And headaches. If I go 10 hours without eating due to illness like I did the other day it's really bad for me. SO I really feel for you, feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Gross.

Thanks for that thread title while I'm eating lunch.

Seriously, some people really need to use the search function or use straight up Google for their concerns.

So rude! You can't see the word vomit without getting sick? The OP had a real concern and she's not feeling well, cut her some slack.

Back on topic, I wouldn't worry about calories today, just do what you need to do to feel better. If you're really feeling sick you probably won't be hungry enough to go over anyway. Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling sick and having a hard time keeping food down. I'd also suggest the BRAT diet and then what I've done in those times is the minute I'm hungry eat like a maniac. Have somethign ready for that time. Maybe when BF's getting you the banana he can get that too.

Sorry if TMI but I was violently ill the other day and so Iogged my eaten cals and then put MINUS cals for some "quick add" cals to compensate. Minus cals are made by simply typing a minus sign in front of the number of cals you want to subtract.

I know it's hard when you know you need the food, so I hope the BRAT helps you get your tummy ready to eat. Like I said, be ready to kill it when it's time.

For me the two main reasons from my past include pregnancy, you have to eat when your PG, no matter the morning sickness. And headaches. If I go 10 hours without eating due to illness like I did the other day it's really bad for me. SO I really feel for you, feel better.:flowerforyou:

thanks for your concern. ive been laying down in the basement where its cool and drinking gatorade and my stomach has seemed to have settled. im sorry you were sick the other day. its no fun!!! im not pregnant so no worry with that i think its just something i ate thats not agreeing with me and the humidity outside. i just need to chill out for a day i think!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was seeing the Dr a few years ago for the same thing which they decided was a virus... Eat well when you can and dont rush it and work with the Dr, I used to take diary printouts from this site.

Hope you make a full recovery soon
  • xombiebite
    Options
    Gross.

Thanks for that thread title while I'm eating lunch.

Seriously, some people really need to use the search function or use straight up Google for their concerns.

So rude! You can't see the word vomit without getting sick? The OP had a real concern and she's not feeling well, cut her some slack.

Back on topic, I wouldn't worry about calories today, just do what you need to do to feel better. If you're really feeling sick you probably won't be hungry enough to go over anyway. Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

thanks feels nice not being attacked every other post. have a good day!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yeah it is my worry for the day as i have been off work since June 1st with stomach issues and caloric intake is important for me to log and maintain. so until you know the whole story keep your snarky comments to yourself.

enlighten everybody then....your OP mentioned nothing of being sick since June 1. /end snark

If I were so sick that I'd not gone into work for almost two months, the last thing I'd be worried about was whether to log the food I'd puked back up into MFP. I just find this strange...

There's nothing strange about having ongoing intestinal disorders. There are lots of names and causes for them. The OP indicated that she has needed to log to keep track of what she's eating and make sure she's eating enough - probably at the suggestion of her doctor to help determine what the cause of her ongoing problem is. The question she is asking today is obviously a new development.

I don't understand why so many snarky and rude comments to this post. What happened to the old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" How about a new one: "if you don't have anything helpful to say, move on."

I think the remaining advice you've been given, OP, about the BRAT diet is good. Just take it easy and hopefully it doesn't get too much worse in the meantime. I don't usually post when I'm sick either, but you can continue to post if for no other reason than keeping up the habit. Good luck!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't pregnant? I've seen some crazy stories of women getting pregnant even with an IUD or on the pill. I'd take a test to be sure (unless you have).

As for logging, I'm with the people that said I wouldn't worry about logging. Eat what you can. Peppermint tea helps (I brew hot, then add lots of ice), as well as ginger tea, ginger ale, or sparkling water (the bubbles help). Sip don't chug.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Once, I drank two cups of tea ... not your normal cups of tea.. this **** had SENNA in it.. google that..

Anyway, Wake up at 2am and saw my dinner in the toilet.

I still counted those calories.

Have a good day.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    High heat and humidity do it for me. I absolutely do not want to eat and when I do.... well, anyways.

So, I do what I can to get some nutrition in and take it from there. So probably you should too. The BRAT diet is a great suggestion, saltines, jello, and gatorade are good suggestions also. Best thing to do is make sure you're staying hydrated.

As for logging, DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS RIGHT.*

*Disclaimer: I say this with some prejudice, as long as you don't have an eating disorder, and I am assuming you do not. If you do, well then, asking us is the wrong track and you really should take it to a professional.

I hope you feel better.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I suffer some bad stomach problems along with anxiety, infant it was mostly caused by the anxiety (though mostly improved now). Drink some peppermint tea, it is soothing. It grows on you so stick with it :).
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I had a nauseated stomach this morning and just thought it was anxiety. i drank a smoothie for breakfast and now i feel as if i am going to vomit any second i've been drinking water but it's not helping. would i lose those calories if i actually do throw up? :(

No, they are getting digested. This is why a bulimic is doing a useless chore when they make themselves sick, because all they are really doing is causing acid from their stomach to eventually rot their teeth.

and I am NOT suggesting for one minute you are bulimic by the way OP :flowerforyou:
  • __Di__
    Options
    This is seriously your big worry for today?

Well tell us all Mokey, what's YOUR worry for today?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Honestly, I'm sitting here waiting for a call from the nursing home that mother has passed away. Worrying about the calories in vomit seems rather trivial but thanks for asking.
  • __Di__
    Options

Honestly, I'm sitting here waiting for a call from the nursing home that mother has passed away. Worrying about the calories in vomit seems rather trivial but thanks for asking.

No probs, sorry to hear about your mother, however, in defence of this thread, how the hell are people supposed to know what is going on in your personal life, nobody here is a mind reader.

Hope all is okay though.
  • xombiebite
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't pregnant? I've seen some crazy stories of women getting pregnant even with an IUD or on the pill. I'd take a test to be sure (unless you have).

As for logging, I'm with the people that said I wouldn't worry about logging. Eat what you can. Peppermint tea helps (I brew hot, then add lots of ice), as well as ginger tea, ginger ale, or sparkling water (the bubbles help). Sip don't chug.

10000% sure i am not pregnant
    unless the 5 pregnancy tests
    4 blood tests
    and 4 ultrasounds are wrong. (all done at a hospital)
  • Mishinmite
    Mishinmite Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you have stomach issues, dairy and acidic fruits can irritate it. I had the same problem this morning, but mine was before eating. I suffer from anxiety related stomach problems, too and I ate crackers for breakfast to settle things down. Once that extra acid was absorbed, I felt fine. Try not to let your belly get completely empty. Hope you feel better soon. :smile: .
  • xombiebite
    Options

well mokey all of us have issues some that seem trivial to others may be serious to themselves. i do hope you do not receive that call today though. youre in my thoughts
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor?
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My personal method of dealing with illness: don't log that day. Eat what it takes to feel better (whether it's Saltines or Jell-o or chicken soup or Gatorade), without fussing about calories or sodium or macros.

^^^This...feel better!

I have to put in a vote for this too!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Right so we should probably all just stop using the forum because obviously the things we are asking each other about will always be trivial compared to what someone, somewhere is dealing with...

I get it, you're upset. Anyone would be in your situation. But I'm not sure where that means you get to belittle someone for asking a question that isn't important to you.