Any Whovians out there? :)

Options

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who truly loved Eccleston? Rose wasnt my fav though... Donna and Martha were badasses though.
    Look above at my post. Beat you to it. He was/is my favorite modern doctor. He was far more complex than the other two. Both Tennant and Smith do really well in their respective parts, but Eccleston's character had more meat on the bone. Where Tennant's seemed more of a nod to doctors of past, and smith as the softy sedimental fool(in a good way). He is vastly under rated which I suspect is because the lack of seasons under his belt.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if its been mentioned but you all should join the group The Geek Squid for the sweet Doctor Who thread :) Just sayin'
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've seen every episode and every Doctor. I really loved David Tenant as the Doctor, but Matt Smith is also quite fantastic. As far as the older episodes go, I think Tom Baker was my favorite.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love Doctor Who, though I'm a newbie....caught it with Matt. I love that BBC America plays reruns because I got to watch Chris and David. Haven't seen any of the older ones.

I like David, Chris and then Matt.

The Weeping Angels scared me so. Now I can't stand seeing statues, lol!

I love River Song. I keep wanting to start calling my Hubby Sweetie, though he will never, EVER get it! LOL!!!
    Oh and Jack, total hottie!! Love his character as well. He always makes me smile!!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My ticker should say it all.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I think unless your favorite is Tom baker or Tennant you probably feel your favorite is underrated. Since all you hear is not as good as Tennant and nobody beats Baker(because noone puts Baker in the corner!!!). Honestly every performance by every doctor was top notch. (I say that not seeing the movie with the 8th doctor). Most of these actors are under rated because the show is bigger than they are. It's hard to be compared to such a massive serial like doctor who. Not many people can readily take it on and live up to every expectation. Case in point if, this more than likely wouldn't happen but Gary Oldman as a new doctor, the king of character acting would be under rated in a doctor role. David Tennant some how exceeded expectations. Tennant being such doctor who nerd I think is why he comes off so easily to many. You can see the boyish wonder in his eyes. Made it easy to get excited for new viewers to fall in love with the show, and reminded us little of each of the 2nd-5th doctors
  • jeremyw1977
    Options
    Will be interesting to see the 50th episode, which Doctordo you think John Hurt is playing?

It's already been released that John Hurt is playing the actual 9th Doctor, before Eccleston.
    Supposedly there was a regeneration gap between McGann and Eccleston that they are looking to write.
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    Another Whovian here. Started with the reboot during the Tennant years, so, naturally, he is My Doctor. But I also love Eccleston and Smith - very different takes on an intriguing character.

I'll be going through the older series via Netflix soon, so I'll get a chance to see all the originals.

Favorite companion is Donna, though I rather like Rory, too.

Weeping Angels are, of course, creepy as hell, which works for me as a villian, though the Master is, well, the Master for a reason. Awesome character. And, of course, the Silence. *shiver*

No real favorite episode, though. Too many to choose from.

Should check out this, if you haven't seen it: http://youtu.be/ob42vhhtw7A - it's about Battlestar Galactica, but the premise should ring true for Whovians and the ending is perfect.
  • jeremyw1977
    Options
    The answer I like to give when the question about "Who's your favorite Doctor?" is asked is as follows.
    Why do I need to pick my favorite doctor? Each actor who has protrayed him has done so in their own original way.

Speaking to the new generation of Whovians who have joined after 2005, I love Eccleston because if he wasn't good enough, they might not have seen fit to continue the series beyond him. I love Tennant because he brought a whimsy playfulness, yet an extreme intensity to the role, and made the show fun to watch. I love Smith, because he brought a bit of a darkness and pain to the role, a grittiness that this character needs.............and I will love the new Doctor............because I love the Doctor............nuff said.

Regardless of who plays him (or her), the character of the Doctor will continue to be our favorite madman (or woman) in a big blue box.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Ive read 2 possiblities for John Hurt, that he is either the 9th Doctor who the Eccleston forgot about due to something he did during the time war or he is the Purest Doctor who is the only person who can judge the doctor (forget his name) I think its going to be the ninth doctor myself because of a line said at the end of the last epsiode "what I did, I did it for good" or something along those lines.

Why is there soo much love to Donna and Martha? I thought they was the weakest out of the compainions, for me It has to be Miss Pond, oh Amy, I will miss your beautiful ginger locks :'(
  • cingle87
    Options
    Ignore my Purest version of the Doctor comment, I meant Valeyard
  • WhateverYouDoDontBlink
    Options
    Woohoo! Other Whovians! No one I know wants to nerd out with me thinking about who will play the next incarnation of The Doctor! Who would you guys like to see in the role? A woman? An older actor? A ginger? Personally, I would LOOOVE to see Rupert Grint in the role!
  • cingle87
    Options
    Woohoo! Other Whovians! No one I know wants to nerd out with me thinking about who will play the next incarnation of The Doctor! Who would you guys like to see in the role? A woman? An older actor? A ginger? Personally, I would LOOOVE to see Rupert Grint in the role!

Im going very left field here, nothing in Who cannon thats says it cant happen Idris Elba or A female actress

Bring forth the hate
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Whovian since 1980 here :-) Favorite Doctors are Tom Baker and Matt Smith.

^^^ this. since I was a little kid and had to hide behind the sofa (lol). Favourite Dr was Sylvester McCoy, favourite female who accompanied him was Ace.

i haven't even seen that many of the most recent series, due to not living in the UK. I'd like to see them though.
  • WhateverYouDoDontBlink
    Options

Im going very left field here, nothing in Who cannon thats says it cant happen Idris Elba or A female actress

Bring forth the hate

Idris Elba seems too serious for the role. I think he is also being considered for the next Bond. I could see Chiwetel Ejiofor, though. I haven't been able to visualize any woman in the role.

And want to talk about bringing forth hate? Try telling Whovians that you don't really like Rose. That does not go over well!
  • newlifeforlucas
    Options
    Hell yeah Doctor Who :D The tenth doctor is my favourite, although I cosplayed as eleven this weekend :')
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    such a crush on David Tennant now I have watched the first 6 seasons at least 4 times now, no regrets.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    <333 So many whovians, if any of you live near Louisville, KY I know Capt Jack will be at fandomfest this weekend!
  • cingle87
    Options
    Chiwetel Ejiofor is another of my choices, only reason I said Elba first is becaused i watched luther last night. Would it be so wrong to have a searious doctor? im not talking Luther esc but Eccleston, tennant and Smith were all joking doctor, i for one would love to see a darker gritter version of the doctor.

I for one love rose, prefer her over Donna and martha anyday
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options

With all due respect, eeeeeewwww. But then again, I've always disliked Ron Weasley.

Definitely not a woman, and I like what they've been doing with having younger actors in the reboot. I'd prefer a relative unknown just because it is difficult for me to really get behind an actor in a major part who is well known for one role. Like no matter what anyone from Friends does now, I'm just like "Oh there's Rachel. There's Chandler."

Back to companions, does anyone else really dislike Rose? I can't decide whether it is her personality or the distracting nature of her massive mouth, but there is definitely something about her that makes watching the first couple seasons of the new series difficult. As a Tennant fan, I have to go with Martha and Donna as favorite companions. I will admit, though, that I teared up when Rose was cut off.

Blink was one of the first episodes that I really went "holy crap I bet I could show that to ANYONE and they'd like this show!", but then I was not a fan of how they kept bringing the angels back for more episodes. It was like making crappy sequels to what should have been a standalone awesome episode.