Chicken marinade

Options
goldylocs37
goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
Looking for a easy low-calorie grilled chicken marinade. Hopefully I'll get a lot of suggestions since it's the holiday weekend!

Replies

• Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not all of mine are just marinade, but here are some chicken recipes - or other meats that you could use on Chicken as well as pork...

I have other recipes on my blog if you would like to help yourself!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Seshankle

Glazed Pork Chops **This is one of my favorites!

½ cup ketchup
    ¼ cup packed brown sugar
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¼ cup orange juice
    ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    ½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
    8 bone-in pork loin chops ( ½ inch thick and 7 ounces each)

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour ¾ cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.

Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.

Yield: 8 servings

Nut facts: 1 pork chop = 246 cal, 8 g fat, 284 mg sodium, 11 g carb, trace fiber, 30 g protein

Grilled Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

2 pork tenderloin ( 3/4 pound each)
    3/4 cup dry redw ine or reduced-sodium beef broth
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup ketchup
    2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp minched fresh gingerroot
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 1/4 cups water
    2 tbsp butter
    1 pkg (6 oz) stuffing mix

1 - cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in of bottom. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine or broth, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, curry, ginger and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
    2 - In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stnad 5 minutes. Cool.
    3 - Drain and discard marinade. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; spread stuffing down the center of each. Close tenderloins; tie at 1 1/2 inch intervals with kitchen string.
    4 - Using long-handeled tongs. moistened paper towels with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill roack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan; grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
    1 serving= 296 calories

jalapeno-apricot pork tenderloin

2 tsp olive oil
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp ground coriander
    1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
    GLAZE:
    1/3 cup apricot preserves
    1 tbsp lime juice
    1 tbsp diced deeded jalapeno pepper
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    1/8 tsp garlic salt
    In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade. ( I marinated mine over night)
    Place pork in an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15 minutes.
    In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; spoon1/4 cup over pork. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reamining glaze.
    Yield: 2 servings

Note: when cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommened. Avoid touching your face.
    Nutrition facts: 5 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup glaze equals 378

Smothered Chicken Italiano

1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp salt, divided
    1/4 tsp pepper, divided
    4 boneless skinless, chicken breast halves (4oz each)
    2 tsp canola Oil
    1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    1 cup crushed tomatoes
    4 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese

In a small bowl, combine the oregano, garlic powder, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil 3-4 minutes on each side

Transfer to an 11x17 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine ricotta cheese and remaining salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Top with Tomatoes

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.

Yield: 4 servings

1 serving equals 252 calories
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love pork tenderloin... sounds awesome! Gonna try the jalepeno one I think! Thank you!!!
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump! these sound yummy :)
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to mustard and rosemary chicken marinade:

1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
    1 garlic clove, minced

Makes enough for about 4 chicken breast fillets. Nutrition figures per breast: 298 cals, 0g carbs, 6g fat, 54g protein :smile:
  • sarahbvelasco
    sarahbvelasco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Simple Italian Marinade for Chicken:
    1 cup fat free Italian dressing
    2 tablespoons Djion Mustard
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 tablespoons Red Wine vinegar

Wisk all together and marinade chicken for atleast 30 minutes. Longer marinade times make chicken tender and juicier especially when grilling!!
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If your marinating chicken pieces or a spatchcocked(butterflied) chicken I would not bother marinating beyond 30min - 1 hour
    you will make the surface spongy and ruin the texture of the chicken.

I would do a dry brine if its larger using kosher salt coarse rubbed into the skin and leave it in the fridge for 1-2 days then marinate it on the counter bringing the chicken near or at room temp then pat it dry and then sear it then roast/broil it or even grill it.

as to some of how I like my chicken

strained yogurt spiced with fresh grated cardamom rubbed onto the chicken for 1-2 hours.

dijon mustard, tarragon, lemon rubbed under the skin 30 min-1 hour on the counter.

fresh chopped parsley, sage and marjoram with minced shallot and a little of the freshest olive oil you can find rubbed into the chicken.

fresh chopped rosemary, parsley and shallot rubbed in with olive oil 30 min bringing to room temp.

to maintain the texture/flavor make sure to rest the chicken for 10-15 min after its finished covered or you will bleed the juices
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chefstew79
    chefstew79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tomato paste pureed in blender with a dash of black pepper, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil & fresh garlic cloves. Note, don’t add salt to a meat marinade as it will toughen the meat (i.e. the salt draws the moisture out). Instead, add salt when you put it on the grill or even serve it
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Tomato paste pureed in blender with a dash of black pepper, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil & fresh garlic cloves. Note, don’t add salt to a meat marinade as it will toughen the meat (i.e. the salt draws the moisture out). Instead, add salt when you put it on the grill or even serve it

It should be noted as while true in how salt reacts to the meat, it can also concentrate the flavor and in the case of wet brine add more moisture.
  • rockstarcycling
    rockstarcycling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could eat this everyday! It's the best especially in a salad or with black beans and rice.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Simple Italian Marinade for Chicken:
    1 cup fat free Italian dressing
    2 tablespoons Djion Mustard
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 tablespoons Red Wine vinegar

Wisk all together and marinade chicken for atleast 30 minutes. Longer marinade times make chicken tender and juicier especially when grilling!!

YUM
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump