How many calories per day do you NOT eat...

Options

Replies

• StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I probably save around 500 calories NOT eating artificial sweeteners.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    0. I'm really glad I'm not the only one that gets headaches from this stuff, my husband thinks I'm nuts.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Thousands.

Just in my morning coffee.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Difficult to say. I have 3 splendas in each of two cups of coffee and 2 diet orange sodas per day. But I don't know if I'd have the equivalent amount of sugar because just seeing the astronomical number might make me pick something else instead.
  • TheRainQueen
    TheRainQueen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always worry about people who injest either a lot of sugar or artificial sweetners.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hold on wait? So if i look at a donut but don't eat it...DO i log it as negative? How does this change my TDEE? I'm so confused now.

It may indeed work for calories. Seems a reasonable parallel to Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow.

Calvin Trillin's _Alice Let's Eat_ (1979): My decision to take a rather elegant picnic along on a no-frills flight to Miami was solidly based on a theory of economics known as Alice’s Law of Compensatory Cashflow, which holds that any money not spent on a luxury one considered even briefly is the equivalent of windfall income and should be spent accordingly. If you decide, for instance, that buying a five-hundred-dollar color television set would be, all things considered, an act of lunacy and the final step toward complete financial collapse, you have an extra five hundred dollars that you “saved” on the television set available to spend on something else.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Chicken doesn't have sugar
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I always worry about people who injest either a lot of sugar or artificial sweetners.

That sounds a touch condescending.

If my carb macro is on target and I'm getting enough veggies I don't see any trouble with sugar. Most of what you read online about artificial sweeteners is fear mongering. As long as you're consuming it within reason, in the context of an overall healthy diet, there's no reason to worry about either, in my opinion.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

While you worry about me, I will be out there being awesome. But I appreciate the thought.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I probably save around 500 calories NOT eating artificial sweeteners.

artificial sweeteners are calorie free.

quit being so smug, you look foolish when you say inaccurate things.

Plus you could fall off that high horse and break your nose. Then how would you look down on everyone!?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

i worry about people who needlessly worry about others. (woah lol)
    how much we talkin' here?

ETA: on occasion i'll have a diet soda, so that saves me a couple hundred then.

*ingest
    *sweeteners
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I always worry about people who can't spell simple words like ingest and sweeteners.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, but I sometimes drink raspberry ice Crystal Light. If I didn't, I would drink either unsweetened iced tea or water with lemon, so it doesn't really save me anything.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with calories, macros and micros only. Once I meet or exceed them, I'm happy.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I use stevia and low fat dressing(I'm cutting that out soon and getting the real stuff) so probably 100+ cals.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    0. I eats all the sugarz

Mee too! :laugh:
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    0-they are too sweet for me....except on hot summer days, like today when i get myself iced lattes. Seriously, it is wayyyy too much effort to dissolve sugar into cold beverages.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I always worry about people who can't spell simple words like ingest and sweeteners.

Maybe she made her comment "in jest"?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I dont use artificial sweetners, nor do I use sugarto sweeten anything.

My only large sources of sugar are fruit & the occasional treat a few times a week when I want chocolate/ice cream or something.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    None...I don't use artificial sweeteners.