Best Blender for Green Smoothie????

Options
I am new to this site and trying to start a healthy way of life. I have read a lot about the benefits of green smoothies. My cheap personal size blender just broke and now I am looking into a Nutribullet or the Ninja Kitchen pulse System. The Cuisinart 300 was my first choice until I started reading about the other 2. The Ninja Kitchen Pulse comes with a couple 16 oz personal cups and claims to be able to make whole juice the same as the Nutibullet. Has anyone here tried any of these and if so what are your thoughts? Pros and Cons ?

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had a Ninja, my son has it now. I didn't care for it. I also had a Nutribullet, it was ok, did the job. When it died I bought a Vitamix, which I LOVE!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I heart my Ninja. It destroys everything that gets in its path. I just with the container wasn't made of plastic though. I dropped it and a leg broke off. It still works.
  • ekupcha
    ekupcha Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the Vitamix and LOVE it. Even my husband and kids will 'eat' their greens now.
  • CandyCain70
    Options
    Is your Ninja the Pulse one with the single serve cups you can blend in by holding the cup down?
  • cwright0604
    cwright0604 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    VitaMix is the BOMB!!! Well worth the $$$!
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've got the nutribullet and love it. :)
  • CandyCain70
    Options
    I have hears Vitamix is a wonderful blender but out of my price range and I am looking for something smaller. (and easy to clean :smile: )
  • ekupcha
    ekupcha Posts: 3
    Options
    Not sure what your price range is but Vitamix's refurb units are a pretty good deal and come with a 5 year warranty that you can upgrade to 8 for $75 I believe. As far as easy to clean, just put soap and water in and run it for a few seconds then rinse and you are done.
    I had a really hard time justifying the purchase but we use it at least 2 times a day at my house so it ended up being worth it.
    Good luck with whichever you choose!
    Oh, but they can be bulky. I ended up with the shorter one so it will fit under the counter but it's not small by any means!
  • mellypeters09
    mellypeters09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet!
  • CandyCain70
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I watched some you tube videos on the nutribullet. Looks like it does a pretty decent job.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Blendtec. It will blend ANYthing.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I use my Nutribullet almost every day and love it, Don't know what I did before I got this but it has been worth every penny!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have hears Vitamix is a wonderful blender but out of my price range and I am looking for something smaller. (and easy to clean :smile: )

Vitamix IS easy to clean. Very easy.
  • CandyCain70
    Options
    Price wise I am either considering the Nuti Bullet or the Ninja kitchen Pulse. I see the Ninja pulse has 700 wats. Wish there was a video comparing the 2 of these. Everything else is on You tube. In face Ninja pulse is $20 cheaper. I really like the Three to go cups is comes with.. They both say they make veggies into juice. They both have a lot of good reviews but If the Nutri Bullet make smoother drinks it might be the better one.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    had a cuisinart, hated it ..threw it out. bought a nutribullet. it was OK, but never crushed ice to how i wanted it...ever. thought about vitamix, but then again i didnt want to spend $500. so i found a new blender called DASH. holy hell, its not only beautiful, but insanely amazing. soo sooo powerful. !!
  • CandyCain70
    Options
    Thanks for the tips on blenders. I have a Hamilton Beach one that does a decent job but I really want something smaller that I can blend right in the cups. The Ninja Kitchen Pulse is 700 wts and is $20 cheaper then the Nutri Bullet which is 600wts. Not sure which one I will get. I like spinach in my smoothies so I want to make sure I get the one that will make them smooth.
  • stevelowery148
    Options
    I had a Ninja and hated it. It was terrible at blending any sort of greens that I put in there (spinach, kale, chard, etc.). It seems like it would be okay for just basic fruit smoothies, but anything other than that and you will be disappointed in the Ninja. I've never used the NutriBullet so I can't comment on that, but from what I've heard, it's not going to be much better if your goal is to blend greens.

Now I know you said Vitamix/Blendtec is out of your price range, but if you do want to incorporate green smoothies into your diet more, I would highly recommend going for either of those. You can find a refurbished Vitamix 5200 for around $300-$350 I believe and they work just as good as a brand new one. I bought mine refurbished over 2 years ago and use it several times a day and it's still going strong.

Check out this article I found that discusses both of those blenders and why they are the best for green smoothies to give you more of an idea: http://www.charlottesvineyard.com/best-blender-for-fruit-and-green-smoothies/

Hope that helps!

Edit: I just realized this thread is a few months old so you probably found something by now. Hopefully it helps others that are looking though.
  • 95AM97
    95AM97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The Nutribullet is the best machine I've ever bought. I use it daily. It breaks down anything you throw in it so well.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I adore my Ninja. Tried the bullet and thought it sucked big time. But as with everything, everyone and everything is different. I bought the professional Ninja and I make homemade Peanut Butter with it and bought one for work and then a cheaper one to take to my mothers when I go on vaca, so you can say I'm a fan of Ninja