I don't look like the same person...

Options
Veslus
Veslus Posts: 72 Member
So I snapped a photo of myself today to show a friend how obnoxious my kitten was being. (When he wants attention, he demands it.) Out of curiosity, I went to compare it to a picture of me when I was at my heaviest.

In the first picture, I'm 255. Pictures from that beach trip made me realize I desperately needed a change.

In the second picture, I'm 185. Currently on week 4 of Insanity, a runner and loving the paleo diet. I have 50 pounds to go before I hit my goal weight--but I'll get there. It's been very up and down for me, losing a ton of weight because of cancer and then gaining almost all of it back, but I'm liking the results so far.

Facebefore_zps23ea63dd.jpg
255 pounds. Oh my.

Chaos_zpseaf48260.jpg
185 pounds, plus three pounds of obnoxious kitten.

Replies

• SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's amazing! Good job.
    Your cat is cute too :D
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    beautiful - sorry to hear about the cancer, and I pray it will be gone forever.....:flowerforyou:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You look great! Cute kitten, too.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love your kitty. BTW my son put on lots of weight with cancer, which is the opposite of what I expected.

Good luck with the future.

XX GG
  • Mishinmite
    Mishinmite Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't know who is cuter...you or the kitty. Huge difference. Hard work paying off. Congrats!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What a cutie you are! Keep up the great work.
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • cgugger
    cgugger Posts: 1
    Options
    No, you definitely don't look like the same person. You look ten years younger and way healthier now than you did in your original picture. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job and cute kitty!
  • lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    That is just too cool. You look amazing and your progress is staggering. Oh, and that kitty looks dang good on you. :wink:
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow...amazing work. I'd leave a witty comment about the cat, but I've already had 1 taken down today.

;-)
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your progress is terrific! Also, keep kicking cancer's *kitten*.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    No, you do NOT look like the same person. Not at first glance, that's for sure! Continued good health to you...both with your weight loss and cancer remission.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're awesome. Screw weight loss, you beat cancer!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    No, you do NOT look like the same person. Not at first glance, that's for sure! Continued good health to you...both with your weight loss and cancer remission.

SOOOOOO true!! Like a different YOUNGER person. And continue with your cancer remission.
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love your kitty. BTW my son put on lots of weight with cancer, which is the opposite of what I expected.

Good luck with the future.

XX GG

I'm sorry to hear your son had cancer too. I've heard the weight issues can go either way. For me, I had such a severe nausea reaction to my chemo medicine that I would literally eat nothing but one Ensure a day and as much water as I could keep down for two and a half weeks at a time. This might be TMI but I was throwing up literally every 45 minutes like clockwork, regardless of whether there was anything in my stomach or not (and regardless of how much nausea medicine they pumped in me). I'd get half a week of "eat whatever you can keep down" in and then back to the hospital for another 5 days of chemo treatments, and the cycle would start all over. I dropped 70 pounds on chemo (and gained about 55 back).

On the bright side, I know that when I get to 155 again I'll look pretty fabulous AND have hair.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome! If the short hair was the result of the cancer it was a good thing, really cute cut one you!
  • lswatson111304
    lswatson111304 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    amazing! And you really don't look like the same person!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Great job on the weight loss AND kicking cancer's butt!
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The cat is adorable!!! You are also beautiful! hooray! hehehe
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!