facial differences during weight loss

Options
hello! i was just curious how much weight some of you lost before you first started noticing a change in your face. i've seen some before & during pictures with only a 30 pound difference and some people look completely different. i'm currently down around 17 pounds & i'm hoping i'll be able to see a difference soon.
thanks! & good luck to everyone! :smile:

Replies

• AnnieBear80
    AnnieBear80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds so far and there is a definite difference in my face. :)
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    I feel like I see it in my face first! I feel my profile pic showcases such :-)
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    My face and boobs are always the first to go lol i have a narrow face tho. If u have a naturally round face it might stay fuller. My friend lost alot of weight and still has a round face
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I gain serious weight in my face, and I can usually see a significant change every ten pounds or so. There is SO much difference between now and 50 lbs ago.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think this depends on a lot of different things; your starting weight, your general face shape, how you lose/gain weight, et cetera.

I've lost about 10 pounds and I can already see a difference in my face, but my face and my hands are always the first thing to show any weight change.

It might help to compare photos of your face, or ask someone you're close to you if they can see any change. My mom is always the first person to point out any change to me, before she points it out I never think I see a difference.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am really not sure, though friends told me that my face was the most dramatic. I don't agree, my arms are the most defined, but my face is the most viewable.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For me, my face started changing at around 20-25 lbs down. It become REALLY noticeable at around 40-45 lbs down and now, at just over 50 lbs down, I'm barely recognizable anymore. :laugh:

A lot of it has to do with genetics. It all depends on where your body naturally tends to store and hold fat and where it tends to shed off fat more.
  • katecisme
    katecisme Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    one of my first places i lost weight, face shoulders chest and back. i noticed there first and id only lost a few lbs.maybe 10 or 12lbs x
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've always noticed a change in my face first. I can gain 20lb and it goes straight to my thighs, tummy and butt yet when I lose that 20lb it'll come off my face first haha. My profile pic shows the difference quite well I think :smile:
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 lbs and only noticed this week, when I rubbed my face, my hand felt awfully big against it. Bones are more prominent now.
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    I've always noticed a change in my face first. I can gain 20lb and it goes straight to my thighs, tummy and butt yet when I lose that 20lb it'll come off my face first haha. My profile pic shows the difference quite well I think :smile:

I second this. The first place I notice is my face...I start to get cheekbones,
  • TomDonis
    TomDonis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 35kg and my face looks sooooo different. I work in retail and see a lot of the same people over and over. Just lately a few have told me to stop losing weight or ask if I'm sick because my face looks too thin. Well I'd rather have it too thin than just a big ol moon face like I had before. I now have angles in my face, a jaw line, and I am down to 1 chin. Feels so good
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!