Newbie looking for support and advice

Options
Hello all!

My name is Shauna and I have joined a gym and changed my eating habits and have lost a few pounds from it. But today my good friend suggested I join My fitness pal to help out with my weight lost. I've never done this before and it would be great to have some support and advice!

Shauna

Replies

• SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • buschick286
    buschick286 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too am new. I've been tracking my intake and calories for about 3 or 4 days now. I like the accountability it makes me have. Good luck in your transformation.:happy:
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    Options
    You can add me if you would like :)
  • shawnarenee31
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I am also new to My Fitness Pal.
  • vonemcdaniel
    Options
    I'd like to be added to anyone too! I'm new as of this week. Vegetarian. Used to eating lots of fruits and having a hard time cutting back on them to make my sugar goal each day.
  • Thelmasgirl54
    Options
    I joined MFP about 9 weeks ago and had lost almost five pounds before breaking both my tibia and fibula in one leg. . My goal at the start of this journey was to loose 50 lbs..... I hope that is still all I have to loose once I can. I stopped keeping my food journal after the accident, now I think I am ready to start journaling again, even though I cannot stand on my scales to weigh.

I have tried other weight loss programs in the past, only to gain all the weight back. When I started MFP - work was crazy and I never joined the online forums. So, here I am trying this and hoping to finally loose 50 lbs ( then maybe an additional 15 to reach my ideal weight).

I am not exactly sure how these forums work, but welcome any help and suggestions.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    You have made a good start. Feel free to add me.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Shauna,
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great community of like minded people. Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I'm on daily posting and motivating by example. Good luck on your lifestyle change.
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Shauna. My name is Christine and I am also looking to connect with others to support and inspire one another on this journey we have decided to take.
  • Wise_Little_Owl
    Wise_Little_Owl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Shauna and all MFP'ers

I am new too. Would love to get to know some of you guys!

I have been calorie counting for just one week so far and have been exercising more frequently. Have managed to lose 1kg already but hope to lose another 14!

Look forward to getting involved with the MFP community!

Rumshoo