This annoyed me!

Options
My co worker just said "I have chocolate for snack today" and I'm like, yeah, I'm trying to cut the chocolate, trying to lose weight, will have my babybell (20g of cheese) instead. He bursts laughing saying "cheese is equally bad".

REALLY?? -.-

It just annoyed me, even though I know he's wrong (right?)

:ohwell:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    right!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I think he means that cheese is often as 'bad' in terms of calories if you eat a slab, but nutritionally it's much better. Although a babybel is lower calories than a chocolate bar.

So yeah, basically he doesn't know what he's talking about.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Well, in terms of calories....not really wrong, cheese is quite calorie and fat dense. Cheese has lots of good stuff in it too though. Chocolate has some good stuff too.... (serotonin hit ftw). And both taste yummy.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    some of that heavy duty dark chocolate can be okay when you need a fix of chocolate. Trader's sells them in 100 calorie sticks. I bet he has not counted his or knows nothing about the nutrition. You are better off with your baby belle.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I think he is right , cheese is very high in calories
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Well, in terms of calories....not really wrong, cheese is quite calorie and fat dense. Cheese has lots of good stuff in it too though. Chocolate has some good stuff too.... (serotonin hit ftw). And both taste yummy.
    Pretty much this. Though I'll take the babybel any day (and my diary backs me up on that).
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    cheese is a killer too :) have a peach or apple
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Well sure, if you'd got a wheel of stilton out that was wrapped in red wax and pretended it was the babybel.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut out chocolate to lose weight though.

I'm choosing chocolate over cheese any day.

I still have chocolate, just not as much as I used to and also I just think a piece of cheese is healthier then chocolate so I make cheese the rule and chocolate the treat :smile:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Kindly advice...it doesn't matter. This is about you, not your coworker. Move on and get over it. Peeps will always take the time to criticize or judge. But, friends will be there to support and love. Pick the latter.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Comparing similar calories....

Mini Babybel Light
    1 piece (20g), Calories: 50, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 6g

Snickers Mini
    1 piece (9g), Calories: 43, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 1g
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Your cheese doesn't have nutritional information on the label?
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Don't let it annoy you, ask him why he thinks the cheese is bad, nod appreciatively as he imparts his obvious knowledge, all the time eating your BabyBel and enjoying it. To each their own. I like cheese AND chocolate. Sometimes together. :happy:
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Aldi sell ChocAir little chocs only 57 calories taste good and gets the choc craving. But wouldn't go for choc if I didn't feel like it. A little cheese will keep you full longer. All protein has been proven to cut hunger. Then again don't over do protein because other tests that have been done..(have web sites if anyone is interested) prove to give cancer but only animal protein not plant based protein.
    Ah life used to be so simple!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    These days dairy companies put a lot of junk in cheeses to make them taste and look appetizing. Depending on the rest of your macros and your goals you could have had a piece of chocolate if you really wanted it. I prefer the cheese as it keeps me fuller. But i'm one of those who prefer to have four or -ideally- five very rich meals and no snacking in between. If i do have a snack i prefer to indulge in a bit of chocolate, cereal or healthy fats, since my protein count is always too high for things like cheese.

It's hard to know which one of both options is truly healthier, i guess i don't really wanna know, since i love those babybel cheeses. I add them to salads and pizzas. Mmm yummy!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate - I just don't love it enough to eat 400 servings of it. A little bit is just fine. In fact, I'm gonna go have some right now!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think he means that cheese is often as 'bad' in terms of calories if you eat a slab, but nutritionally it's much better.

Depends on the chocolate. Some dark chocolate is very nutritious.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut out chocolate to lose weight though.

I'm choosing chocolate over cheese any day.

I still have chocolate, just not as much as I used to and also I just think a piece of cheese is healthier then chocolate so I make cheese the rule and chocolate the treat :smile:

Ehhhh, the healthier topic has been beat to death around here. You may choose to get your fat from cheese while I get some fat in from bacon.

And that is just fine :flowerforyou: