• naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Comparing similar calories....

Mini Babybel Light
    1 piece (20g), Calories: 50, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 6g

Snickers Mini
    1 piece (9g), Calories: 43, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 1g

Hmmm so it just really seems a choice of what nutrients you want to get, really, right?

However, a babybel gets me fuller much longer than a snickers mini would! Even than a "full sized" snickers would, I dare say!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bleurgh. I'll take the chocolate. Babybel isn't real cheese, it tastes of nothing. The red wax is fun though.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    20 grams of lindt dark chocolate is 10 more calories than your cheese, some people say dark chocolate is good for you.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    Bleurgh. I'll take the chocolate. Babybel isn't real cheese, it tastes of nothing. The red wax is fun though.

I quite like it :embarassed:
    And yes, the fun red wax is a bonus :tongue:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Comparing similar calories....

Mini Babybel Light
    1 piece (20g), Calories: 50, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 6g

Snickers Mini
    1 piece (9g), Calories: 43, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 1g

Hmmm so it just really seems a choice of what nutrients you want to get, really, right?

However, a babybel gets me fuller much longer than a snickers mini would! Even than a "full sized" snickers would, I dare say!

Four minis is considered "one serving" of Snickers minis.

I like chocolate AND cheese (not together, mind you), but cheese is more nutrient dense.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    I like chocolate AND cheese (not together, mind you), but cheese is more nutrient dense.

I like both too :happy:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't let it bother you. many times people that are not trying to lose weight or have never needed to lose weight tend to believe "what mom told them" or wives tales. you really can't expect everyone to be informed about health and nutrition, just brush it off. he will have his own issues later in life if he thinks a chocolate bar is a nutritionally sound snack for everyday consumption.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The concept of chocolate being better than cheese or cheese being better than chocolate isn't really straight forward.

It's all about the type and the serving size. In some cases, cheese would be worse. In some cases, the chocolate would be. This is where your app helps you as you can compare the calories in both and then make a choice based on what you know.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Not together?? :noway: You haven't lived! :wink: Nothing like a square of cheese with a square of chocolate.....om nom :bigsmile:
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Neither is bad in itself.

What are you tracking, is it cals? Are you trying to up protein? are you cutting carbs?

It's meaningless out of context. Your coworker may well have been making assumptions about your food choices that were not in line with your goals. Nothing more.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Well, in terms of calories....not really wrong, cheese is quite calorie and fat dense. Cheese has lots of good stuff in it too though. Chocolate has some good stuff too.... (serotonin hit ftw). And both taste yummy.
    Pretty much this. Though I'll take the babybel any day (and my diary backs me up on that).

I used to keep a Babybel in my pocket for emergency cheese needs...they're great :D
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kind of chocolate and the kind of cheese.

Very dark (high % of cacao) chocolate is good for you in moderation. A nice treat that has antioxidants in it

Some cheeses are really high in fat and some are high in salt. I do enjoy laughing cow wedges and baby bell...or light string cheese.

*shrug*
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I wish people would mind their own business about what their co-workers eat. It puts me over the edge some days. If you allotted yourself to have your cheese as a snack, and it fits in your macros and calories, who cares if they think it's worse than chocolate!
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I do not ban sugar, but I like it too much. So I would probably eat the cheese to fit into my daily goals. I learned that a good amount of fat and protein together satisfies me personally, hunger-wise. And the cheese offers that. However, at the end of the day if I've filled my protein goals and still have a few extra calories I'd definitely eat the chocolate :smile:
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    I dont think either are bad for you if you dont overdo it and it fits in your daily amounts. Personally, I would take a piece of cheese over a piece of chocolate any day because I prefer savoury food but when I fancy some chocolate, nothing beats the Lindt Intense dark chocolate with sea salt, my god I can inhale a 100 gram bar of that lol

Im drooling at the thought right now
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My co worker just said "I have chocolate for snack today" and I'm like, yeah, I'm trying to cut the chocolate, trying to lose weight, will have my babybell (20g of cheese) instead. He bursts laughing saying "cheese is equally bad".

REALLY?? -.-

It just annoyed me, even though I know he's wrong (right?)

:ohwell:

There's no such thing as "good" food or "bad" food. It's your overall diet that will hurt or help your overall health. Eat the chocolate.
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Aldi sell ChocAir little chocs only 57 calories taste good and gets the choc craving. But wouldn't go for choc if I didn't feel like it. A little cheese will keep you full longer. All protein has been proven to cut hunger. Then again don't over do protein because other tests that have been done..(have web sites if anyone is interested) prove to give cancer but only animal protein not plant based protein.
    Ah life used to be so simple!

Didn't take long for the cancer word to pop up.

Just like your "tests" are there to prove it will cause cancer, there are studies out there to refute that.
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    umm having worked out the reply thing but that's my answer:
    Yes Cancer unfortunately its around us and most people have someone they know who has died from it for me it was my mum. It is out there and there are causes. Industry would like to leave our heads in the sand. Anyway there is plenty of information out there its a matter of reading listening and seeing what is truth. I know most people couldn't give a stuff as its to much work to much information for them but personally I like to know what I'm putting in my body, how its grown where it comes from and how its processed.
    3 year study was done with USA and China on rats and humans with Professor T Colin Campbell.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXxo5Sussk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnnu68R6iU
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I think he is right , cheese is very high in calories

True, but cheese is mostly fat. This make you feel full. Chocolate has no such benefit, it will make you crave more carbs and the sugar in the chocolate will help your body store fat. So no, cheese is a MUCH better choice.