I'm a size 7 but have to wear size 9 or11 to avoid the muffi

Options
I can fit into a size 7 buttoned up and everything and they look pretty good on my legs but I have a muffin top only not really that bad I just look squeezed. Where as 9's or 11's fit me pretty loosely in the legs but don't give the "muffin top" look when I button them and there not squeeezing me. Has anyone else ever had this happen that can tell me what you've done to make it go away? And what did you do to temporarily fix the problem? Would you wear the 9's or 11's and use a trick to tighten up the legs or would you wear the 7's an use a trick to loosen the waist? Please help!!! :cry:

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    from the experts on "What Not to Wear"

Buy in whatever size fits the biggest part of you, then have the garment taken in to fit the rest of you....:flowerforyou:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Buy in whatever size fits the biggest part of you, then have the garment taken in to fit the rest of you....:flowerforyou:

love What Not to Wear! I've got a pair of 7's that I can get buttoned but the muffin top looks bad, I'm just holding on until they look good.

A
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    SPANX...

but then, not so sexy if you get lucky! :laugh:
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Noticed that all of the sizes are in odd numbers which generally are sizes for juniors. You may want to try women sizes and find that a size 6 gives you more room in the stomach area and fits you in the legs as well. Im 26 and it was a hard transition thinking I could not wear the younger clothes anymore but have had no problems finding awesome women clothing. Good luck!!!
  • tater8589
    Options
    I can fit into a size 7 buttoned up and everything and they look pretty good on my legs but I have a muffin top only not really that bad I just look squeezed. Where as 9's or 11's fit me pretty loosely in the legs but don't give the "muffin top" look when I button them and there not squeeezing me. Has anyone else ever had this happen that can tell me what you've done to make it go away? And what did you do to temporarily fix the problem? Would you wear the 9's or 11's and use a trick to tighten up the legs or would you wear the 7's an use a trick to loosen the waist? Please help!!! :cry:

I have the same issue, all my size 7's still fit, but i have a lil muffin and it drives me nuts. I recently bought a size 11 from Pac Sun and can barely keep them on, but the 9's there did the muffin thing to. So frustating. The 11's could be taken in, however denim is a hard fabric to sew and will break many (less expensive) sewing machines... I just throw them in the dryer with a damp towel to tighten them a lil. Also side bends will help with the muffin thing, but it takes an insane amount of them along with other workouts and diet. Good Luck.
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the sizing you're talking about as I live in the UK and sizes are different. But if you're talking about jeans/trousers, then I have the same problem. I carry all my weight around my tummy and hips, and although I've slimmed down quite a bit, (I wear a UK10, I think that's a US6), I still have a bit of a muffin top in jeans.

But I have found the ultimate solution! Magic, control top underwear! They are absolutely brilliant, they come up right to my bust line, and when I put on my bra, it keeps the underwear in place so they don't roll down. They give me an amazing silhouette! I can wear tight jeans and tops and no one would know about my muffin top!

I've tried a variety of brands to get the best fit. Spanx are good but expensive, there are other lower priced options that are just as effective. Give it a try!
  • txtree50
    Options
    How long have you been on this site? I started about 5 weeks ago and work out 3 times a week and notice that my muffin top isn't as bad as it use to be. I have started shakeology (2 weeks ago) but also really watch what I eat. I m only drinking diet soda once a week (down from 2 a day). Just keep working and that muffin top will go away. Remember, one day at a time. Good luck!
  • stringcheeze
    Options

Pretty much. I've given up on ever fitting into womens jeans -- I have the shape of a brick. My waist never curved in even when I was at my thinnest (135lb) back in high school running cross country. I can get guys jeans that fit me perfectly and even if they're an inch or two over in the inseam, I can always re-hem them. Thankfully for ladies dress pants, I can find ones that sit lower on the waist and I don't have to worry about them looking like a tent through my legs/butt in order to fit my very non-girly waist.

Even if you can fit into a size 7, you'd look sexier in the size 9 just because you wouldn't have the muffin top. Try out different cuts -- slim, straight leg, natural rise, etc -- you might find a particular style that will fit better overall.
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    but then, not so sexy if you get lucky! :laugh:
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vanillagirl86
    vanillagirl86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I buy stretchy everything that seems to work for me.
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    also maybe look into different brands of jeans? My mom SWEARS by this brand called "not your daughters jeans" I like Old Navy jeans. I have the muffin top issue since having kids and I just have to try on every pair to be sure!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I saw another post that recommended "womens' sizes - that is definitely an option. think of it is 1/2 way between a 9 and 11 or 7 and 9. It does feel more comfortable.

Also, just keep doing what you've been doing, and the tummy area will also shrink down. I think I've reduced my waist by about 3 inches in less than 3 months - that's a pretty big improvement. Most will concur the Tummy is the toughest part - doing those crunches - the ones that really work the stomach muscles - is also really beneficial.

Vickie