question to the LADIES who have succeeded in weight loss!

Options
Hello Ladies:

I am asking this question to the females bc we all know how easy it is for men to loose weight (more so then women) and to get fit. I am 5'4" and 199 lbs (lost 3 lbs in a 2 weeks) and I am working out for the most part 5-6 a week with cardio 4 days, whether it is walking/jogging or the Elliptical machine. I do lift weight and brake my lifting days as "arm day", "leg day" etc...however, I am NOT seeing a lot of results... I know I have to be patient and so on but I want to know if there is something I might be missing?

I have never been afraid of weight lifting, I actually love it...I would LOVE to get fit (like competition fit) since I do like that type of physique and lifestyle. Should i be cutting some things out of my diet, adding others...increase my weight...do more Cardio?

Help...would love to hear from all of you out there with wisdom in this department.

...and like i have said before...please no sarcasm, smart, mean comments; I have encountered those quite a lot although this is a support site!

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If youe been doing the same gym routine, maybe switch it up! I had the same thing happen. Maybe try 30DS or insanity if you can handle it, or something along the lines of kickboxing. Maybe try lifting a little heavier too? I used to be afraid that I would bulk up, but instead I started to see myself tone up more. Your diary seems to be right, maybe watch your fats a little and drink more water, but you seem to be on the right track! Keep with it, your body might be retaining water due to sodium or maybe because your muscles are needing more water to recover. Ive heard of a lot of people not losing "pounds" on the scale when lifting in the beginning.

Hope this helps! Feel free to add me as well, as I love new friends! :)
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in 2 weeks sounds like good loss...
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Please don't forget to take measurements. Your 3 lb is a very good start, sometimes more can be going on in the measurement department than one might think.

Also for some people having 3 portions of low or fat free yoghurt three times a day can help loose fat. Heard on a BBC tv programme on supermarket staples last week. the scientist said the calcium helps eliminate fat from retained deposits and from food. No promises as to how much it will add to the expected weight loss but there could be an additional lb over a few weeks
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think that it sounds like you are on the right track. I think I would increase my protein and decrease my carbs for better muscle building and definition. I had a lot of success with having my macros set to 50%p, 30%c and 20%f.

Also, after your workouts, get a good amount of protein in.

Other than that, I think you are doing well.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice Ladies...just feeling the pressure since I will be getting married in 30 days and although I don't need to loose weight to get into my dress(lol) I just wanted more definition before my date!
  • Majorette2015
    Options
    I am in a similar situation as far as not seeing the results, just keep up the hard work! Some say it takes up to 6 weeks for you to notice a difference in yourself!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, assure you are getting enough calories to match your workouts as well assure you are getting enough protein.

I have lost 75lbs over an 18 months and have been in maintenance for the last 5 months.

I eat back 1/2 my workout calories to account for underestimating on calories and over estimations on burn.

I started out by doing cardio and machines, then moved to the New Rules of Lifting for Women and dropped a ton of inches and weight by eating better and doing this program.

After finishing this program I found MFP and with the help of an amazing friend helped me with my food balance, timing of the right foods based on my workouts and needs and the rest of the weight came off and I got very strong.

Right now I do cross training, I am training for a 5K in September so I run 3-4x a week and heavy lift and metabolics 2-3x a week. On run days about 2x a week I do the 30 day shred with my DH to support him.

The weight hasn't moved in 4 months but my body is in transformation, I am still loosing inches from lean muscles and less fat.

I have done it at a slow and healthy pace, some weeks I would loose more than others but averaged about 1lb a week over all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!