Take Along Lunch for work

Options
2»

Replies

• awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    My favorite lunch is Peanut Butter and Banana on Whole Wheat Bread.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Another fan of leftovers here - I almost always try to make big dinners that will last for a couple of nights, and a couple of lunches - spag bog, pasta dishes, stirfry, soups, stews etc are all really good for this - plus, helps limit my dinner serving size if I put some away for lunch.
    Otherwise, I'll sometimes nuke a potato or sweet potato, and dump half an avocado, a tin of tuna and maybe a splash of sour cream on top.
    I'm not good at salads - they make me feel sad and unsatisfied - so I try for a hearty-feeling lunch, preferably hot.
    Snacks - fruit, yoghurt, homemade muffins (lots of fruit/nuts/LSA/wholemeal flour etc), carrot, boiled eggs, nuts etc.
  • losindood
    losindood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually do a wrap but my recent favorite is hummus with carrots and celery. I add a greek yogurt for dessert.
  • Lauren4974
    Lauren4974 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I normally take a few types of fruits to work in my cooler lunch bag for snacks. (grapes, watermelon, or apples)
    For lunch I'll take either a salad or left-overs from dinner the previous night and a non-fat yogurt.
  • OutlawQueen
    Options
    Go to Amazon and there are recipe books for WLS patients... I just got mine and it is wonderful! Yes I'm tired of yogurt and cottage cheese too :)

Real recipes you can fix for your family as well.... I think it's Eating Well after WLS but they have others!