alli diet pills

Options
13»

Replies

• cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    You don't poo yourself if you stick to the fat recommendations. In fact you would have to go pretty far over to get some of the symptoms you were describing.

I was prescribed them for a while, no issues, in my opinion it helped me lose weight because I wasn't tempted to reach for the takeaway menu etc as I knew that there could be bad side effects.

You dont have to go 'pretty far' over at all, 30g is the recommended amount for the orlistat 120's (xenical, stronger than alli) Go over by 4g's an your s****ing through the eye of a needle, go over by 2g's an you spring an oil leak.
    Also, dependent on food types you can be under and still have the oil leak. Dairy is the common cause of the oil leak.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I tried them years ago when they first came out. {{{face palm}}}

The amount "additional weight loss" you get is NOT worth the side effects. I was already on a very low fat diet so I assumed these would not give me the wonderful side effects..WRONG!!!!

Luckily I work from home - change of clothes at least once a day...no control AT ALL of leakage. And if you feel you have to use the bathroom...ohhhh God help you are stuck in traffic!! ~ I used them for a week and a half....have not nor will I EVER use another "diet" magic pill again!!!

Save your money and laundering (and self confidence!)...if you do not consume more than 15 grams of a fat in a day then you do not need them anyways! Count those calories :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Alli is the one that makes you get greasy diarrhea because it makes excess fat pass right through you, right?
    Google it. The descriptions are terrifying. Some people talk about wearing adult diapers while taking it.

^^^^ this

and there are a lot of tales of permanently destroyed underwear and other clothes circulating on the internet due to this... in fact just look at past threads on here on this topic.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When I go out with my friends I crush some of them and put it under the peperoni of one slice of pizza. Then we spin the tray and all eat a slice.
    Kind of like oily leakage Russian roulette.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    You don't poo yourself if you stick to the fat recommendations. In fact you would have to go pretty far over to get some of the symptoms you were describing.

there are two problems with this

1. not everyone's body reacts in exactly the same way, so some people probably will still poo themselves in spite of staying under the recommendations.

2. fat is an essential nutrient and actually people need more than 30g a day for a healthy diet. How are you going to get enough fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids if you're taking this stuff that a) prevents your body from absorbing the less than 30g fat that you're eating and b) causes explosive diarrhoea if you eat more than 30g of fat, which after a while your body will start to crave, as your survival instincts kick in and make you want to eat fatty food.

Even if they work for some people, I'd worry about how those people get enough essential fatty acids and fat soluble vitamins. Even if you take EFA supplements, your body won't absorb it.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    omg, anal leakage?! I'd rather be fat! Why would you do that to yourself?! Medication isn't the answer to a weight problem, less food and more excercise is. If you don't think you can swing the exercise, the food is really all you need to deal with at first. It isn't as awful as you think if you calculate your TDEE instead of going on some one size fits all 1200 calorie diet. The weight didn't come on overnight.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    al roker LOVES alli!

thats why they call him alli roker! duh

tumblr_mgbajkgQak1qafimoo1_500.gif
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    They work IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! I lost 10 pounds on them and just used it to jump start my weight loss 4 years ago. If you take them and think you can still eat like crap, you have another thing coming.

alli basically forces you to eat properly because food too high in fat will cause horrible side effects. If you follow the directions and have no more than 17grams of fat per meal then you won't have orange poop or poop yourself. The people who take it and then go get a big mac are the ones who have negative reviews.

You can still have fast food. I remember going to Wendy's to get a spicy chicken with no mayo and just taking the mayo off brought the fat content WAY down. Enough that I could have a spicy chicken with no mayo, a small fry and a small frostie and not worry about orange poop.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    When I go out with my friends I crush some of them and put it under the peperoni of one slice of pizza. Then we spin the tray and all eat a slice.
    Kind of like oily leakage Russian roulette.

LOL :laugh:
  • Danalynn39
    Danalynn39 Posts: 38
    Options
    Well some of the girls at work tried them. We dubbed them "Allioops" because if you eat a cheeseburger, you had better plan on eating it in the bathroom from what I know. There are far better options if you feel you need an enhancer. I would go into your natural foods store and ask them. If you want to lose faster I will tell you that it in the long run is not worth it. You do lose faster, but put it back on and more just as fast. If you need something to help with keeping full. There is alot of fiber tablets. I like Herbalife ones. You can go on Herbaloft and buy those even. Or just eat fiberous foods. If you are looking for something more in the "alli" family that makes it happen faster, just go in with an open mind you get it off fast. But it's like a bandaid. You take it off, and it hurts in the end. Chances are you could put it back on. And all you got is cramps, leaky gut, and temporary fix. Think long about it. Been there, done it. You can easily lose 10lbs most of the time by simple changes in eating. I wish you lots of luck! Getting healthy alone is a struggle.
  • marajade5
    marajade5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have to say that I have been using Alli for the last month and have had no side-effects whatsoever as I have always stuck below my personal fat limit of 19g per meal. As others have said, if you take Alli and continue to eat badly then it defeats the whole point. At the moment I am using it to kick-start my healthy eating as it is a great incentive to make sure you know EXACTLY what you're eating at all times.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Sadly there are no safe, effective diet pills on the market today. If there were, you'd hear about it from Oprah Winfrey first.
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Save some money and do the following to get the same result that you would get from taking Alli.

Take a greasy (orange oily) pizza and throw it directly in the toilet.

Look back in the toilet in horror.

That's Alli.
  • hotxpinkness
    hotxpinkness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Alli for the past two weeks now and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones and have not experienced any side effects. It does encourage me to make better choices and so far I have lost about 5 lbs. I wouldn't give all the credit to the medication, as I am eating really well and I'm working out like crazy. I sure hope it's real weight loss that I'm able to keep off. Even on days that I forget to take the medication, I find myself making good food choices, as I always plan my meals and cook meals myself. I have been eating healthy since the beginning of the year, but I can imagine if I had taken something like this a year ago, when I had no knowledge of clean, healthy eating, I would have probably eaten a McDonald's happy meal thinking that making my meal smaller was good enough to lose weight. So, although many disagree, I think that the side effects have everything to do with what you're eating. There cannot possibly be so much "oily leakage" if there is very little fat to work with.