Question for people who do a lunch break workout?

2»

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Normally I take a quick shower. Don't wash your hair, just rinse the sweat off your bod and make sure the vital parts (pits/crotch) are freshened up. Only takes a few minutes. if you sweat enough to dampen your hair, dry it a little or just throw it up in a pony tail and go. There are dry shampoos you can use if the sweat makes it look too greasy.

Sometimes if I do something low key like go for a walk on a cool day and just get a bit schvitzy, I'll wipe off the extra sweaty parts, change my undies and apply fresh deoderant.

If I try going without either, I don't worry so much about the stink as the itching and risk of acne/rash. Stupid sensitive skin...
  • Kaymegan90
    Kaymegan90 Posts: 35
    My office is incredibly hardcore about health and exercise. They provide a free YMCA account for each of us and it's literally across the street (I can almost see it from my desk). A lot of us go to classes together (spin, weights, yoga) but there are definitely days I go on my own to run or use the elliptical. I generally give myself plenty of time to cool down afterwards, wipe down, and pull my hair up. I'm fortunately blessed with basically no body odor (ha!) so that's never been an issue, but I'm definitely not a fan of being hot or sweaty, so it's always annoying until my body cools all the way down.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    I am lucky enough to be able to take an hour and a half at lunch if I need. We have a gym across the street so that gives me plenty of time to change, work out, take a quick shower, dress and get back to work.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    If you work in a hospital or large office building walk the stairs and or walk inside. Its air conditioned so you may not get that sweaty but you will still be moving. Just a thought.

This.

I walk out in the shop for 30 minutes at a brisk pace. It's air conditioned so I only mildly sweat. :-)
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    I'm SO happy I found this thread!!! I will be doing this starting TOMORROW!!

change of clothes
    deodorant
    baby wipes

:happy:
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    If you work in a hospital or large office building walk the stairs and or walk inside. Its air conditioned so you may not get that sweaty but you will still be moving. Just a thought.

that's nice to break up the day- but that would definitely NOT be a workout in my world. That is just a way to get up and moving around.

That really depends on how tall your building is and how many times you go to the top and back!!
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member

that's nice to break up the day- but that would definitely NOT be a workout in my world. That is just a way to get up and moving around.

That really depends on how tall your building is and how many times you go to the top and back!!

Unfortunately it's a teeny tiny doctor's office. I did walk down to the coffee shop to get a sandwich for lunch today, but that probably doesn't really count.
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    I wear an undershirt under by button-down shirt. I can only walk, but it takes care of most of it. Fortunately, walking is commonly practiced here. Still, maybe I should bring an extra one in the future.