Nobody likes being "the tall, fat girl."

Options

Replies

• jsskjadams
    Options
    I am 5'11, 31 years old, with about 150 to loose.... then I will be back at the weight I was when my husband and I got married. I gained over 100 pounds with my daughter, who just turned 12, so I cant say its baby fat anymore.... I started my journey just over two weeks ago, and with the help of Ace, lost 17 pounds so far. I LOVE MY ACE, it makes me not want to eat ALL day long.. It may not be for everyone, but for me, I needed something to help me. I actually enjoy getting up every other day and going walking. I have gone from half a mile to a mile and half already. Having others to help thru such a huge transformation helps a LOT!
  • Silver82
    Silver82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 5' 8" lost 82 lbs, looking to lose another 40.

Started off at 292, currently 210, looking for 170 as a goal.

I've started slowing down so motivation is much needed!
  • lovetocook55
    lovetocook55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5ft9in with 100 lbs to lose here....but unlike you am 57 and want to be an awesome gramma for my grandchildren!
  • ekfulton
    ekfulton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'9" and need to lose about 30 lbs. Everyone feel free to add me.
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and have another 93 lbs to lose! Feel free to add me :D
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    5'4'' hater gatecrashing the tall party!!

Just Kidding.
    I wish you the best of luckkk!
    Add me if you like !
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have about 25-30lbs to lose. Don't be shy. Add me to your FL!!
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 with around 120lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • sarahbraumberger
    sarahbraumberger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot, with 40 pounds to lose (maybe more, I will decide after the first 40!) Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5'7 and over 40 pounds to lose!
    Add me everyone! :)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    nobody likes being short and fat either.

just sayin
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    5'4'' hater gatecrashing the tall party!!

Just Kidding.
    I wish you the best of luckkk!
    Add me if you like !
    5'4 here too! :-) good luck to you guys! :-) you can add me if you like! Ready to help out anyway I can! Take care! :-)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    5'10 with maybe 10 more lbs to lose, but honestly, pretty happy being the tall, athleticly built girl.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", halfway to my goal but on a hiatus dues to ill health.

My goal is to be the tall, slim, healthy girl after years of faddy eating and dieting. I'm all about losing weight slowly to keep it off so I don't cut my calories drastically as I know that doesn't work in the long run.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'm 5'9". When I was 23, I weighed in at 235 pounds. I decided I had to change my life. I lost 100 pounds and felt/looked fabulous. Unfortunately, over the course of 15 years, getting married, and having a desk job, I gained a lot of the weight back. At 39, I was teetering around 200 pounds again. I did not want to be 'fat and forty', so I lost 66 pounds and have been maintaining at 136 pounds for a year and a half now.

MFP really works! I look better at (almost) 42 than I did at 30! And yes... it's fun to be the tall, thin girl. When you go shopping, everything fits and as a tall girl, I still get to eat 2200-2400 calories a day. :happy:
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and over 60 pounds down. Almost to my goal. I will always log, so feel free to add me! That goes for anyone needing support!
  • sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and looking to get healthy/fit. I'm doing strength training, Insanity and a little bit of cardio. So I'm not sure how much weight I'm aiming to lose. But I would like to drop 2-3 pant sizes and get rid of this belly. Everyone please feel free to add me!!! :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Hey, I feel ya. Being 6'0 AND overweight sort of sucks.
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    nobody likes being short and fat either.

just sayin

Lol I know, well not really because I'm not short. I just said tall cause I'm tall and seriously my alias in high school was tall fat girl.