NSV in Support section for once.

Okay for this NSV I actually do need a little support just to think I'm not crazy. Some of you who know me may have noticed my new avatar.

She is partly because I'm getting one of those hanging bags to beat up soon and would welcome ideas how to use it. It will probably help me in so many many ways. I don't even know if there are workouts for it and if gloves are necessary?

She is also there because the other day even though I am far from goal weight and still have more bodyfat than I care to mention I noticed after a long day of illness and swollen belly when I was done and checking to see if it was still puffy I was paying attention for the first time in a long time and noticed the up and down v shaped lines a little bit like you see on her left side. Mine were kind of Peeking thru past the puffiness that is my BF.

When I got brave to show my partner in crime he says "see that proves you're starving yourself". Which there's back story don't get mad at him we bicker due to different diet plans but he's just joking (mostly) but the KEY POINT is he did not deny it was there. That's usually the first MO we do when knocking each others diets is denial of purported benefit and he could not. It was that undeniable that he turned it around on me. Swift! But still not the point...

So since both of us noticed it, I'm just wondering did any of you notice those lines when you were still quite far from goal, cause I know it's not a six pack ala rachulj or sarauk or mirey or lot's of other MFP badazzes but for a little while looking in that mirror I felt like, you know what, I just might make it to have a body a little better than I thought?

Oh and bonus points for the first person who tells me what that V is called?

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    I am still a ways to go from my goal weight, but yes I have noticed those lines on my side, and I have that line down the center of my belly too. Even though I still have a bit of a belly (which apparently is pretty hard to burn off), I have seen a lot of definition peeking through here and there. I almost have abs! They are kindof shadows, but they are there. I have those tiny little abs right under the breast on the upper torso. Gotta start somewhere!
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    I had a little bit of definition (as in, if I flexed you could see it just a little) on the highest abdominal muscle on my left side when I weighed 250 lbs at about 30% body fat. It has to do with where you store fat, which is up to your genetics and hormones. Mine all goes to my lower belly, and a little to the love handles.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    lol, the coveted 'V' is actually formed from your transverse abdominals, internal obliques and external obliques. I am working on mine too!

I love the idea of the heavy bag... get it girl!!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    <3 Aww an honorable mention! You could definitely have a six pack peaking through. When I was around 26% I started to see oblique lines after a few weeks back in the gym. That punching bag seems like fun! And boxing is a great workout for your abs when done properly. High five on your NSV! Progress is progress!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    lol, the coveted 'V' is actually formed from your transverse abdominals, internal obliques and external obliques. I am working on mine too!

I love the idea of the heavy bag... get it girl!!

Thanks but without instructions I worry I'm just gonna be all like this reminiscing of a past thats so checkered it's plaid
    Brandi_Passante_Jarrod_Schulz_slap.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    ^thanks!