LADIES - that run

Options
sgmomma
sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
I've been running for about a year an a half and in the last two weeks have developed a new problem that I need help fixing.

I've developed a chaffing issue down there... only problem i've had before was thighs. Today I wore undies with my running shorts to see if it made a difference, nope. Its all my pairs of running shorts and my capris. I'm just really unsure how to go about solving this issue. Sat after my long run there was even the tiniest bit of blood. Help ouch!

Replies

• kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Deodorant helps, from what I've heard. (It also helps prevent razor bumps from a bikini line shave, too!)
  • sgmomma
    Options
    I'll have to give it a try...because this is a whole new kind of uncomfortable
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Ouch!

First off, before you put anything on it, let it heal! If you cover up that skin it will hurt horribly. You HAVE to let it breathe and heal up.

Second, deodorant or body glide might help as mentioned. Did you switch to a new detergent that might be causing extra irritation?
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Get some body-glide. Seriously. Will change your (running) life. Use everywhere that chafes. Use liberally and without shame. :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-FH8-Bodyglide-Anti-chafe-Her-0-8OZ/dp/B0031Y4TRW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374688284&sr=8-2&keywords=body+glide
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My fiance swears by "Body Glide ". He used it when he used to run at 360 pounds. He had all kinds of chafing in places no one wants to know about! LOL

I find I cannot wear undies at all or I get chafing issues. Especially in this heat. Good luck!
  • beatjunks
    beatjunks Posts: 2
    Options
    i wear spandex tights that like stick to my skin and i like using the pants kind when i run not shorts. i don't ever get chaffing with those
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Body glide and compression shorts.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    Body glide, compression shorts, and, in a pinch, vaseline. Please, for all that's good in the world, do not put deodorant on your lady parts. I'm cringing just thinking about it. Especially if you already have some chafing going on. Untill you get your hands on body glide, vaseline would at least protect the area without any risk of further irritation.
  • sgmomma
    Options
    Compression shorts were the worst!!! I use body glide i my big ole thighs so i guess i'll give it a try down yonder thanks for the helo
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Second what's been said. BodyGlide is a godsend!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Get some body-glide. Seriously. Will change your (running) life. Use everywhere that chafes. Use liberally and without shame. :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-FH8-Bodyglide-Anti-chafe-Her-0-8OZ/dp/B0031Y4TRW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374688284&sr=8-2&keywords=body+glide

Absolutely agree. Body Glide is awesome.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    there is also some chaffing cream made by KY that helps the healing process! ITS GREAT!