Hydroxycut

Options
Started taking hydroxycut today. . . can anyone give me any thoughts about this good and bad. I started taking it becaue I felt like I needed a kick start to help me get myself motivated. With something that's supposed to help you lose weight it makes me want to work out and eat healthier and I believe it really gets my mind where I want it to be

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut = dehydration = kidney stones for me. You don't need anything to jump start your weight loss. Eat at a deficit and move more. What motivation is the hydroxycut giving you that you wouldn't get from eating better and working out?
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm confused why you would start taking a non-FDA regulated pill and then ask what the bad of it is
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. But you already did, so you'll see once the bottle is gone that it's worthless. Oh well...lesson learned! No pill is going to make or help you lose weight and keep it off.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm confused why you would start taking a non-FDA regulated pill and then ask what the bad of it is

This ^^^^^ Thumbs Up!!!

Don't start something and then ask if it is bad or good. Do the research first. I also do not believe the marketing hype of the product itself. Check with people on sites like this.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It gave me what I like to call the "hydroxybutt". I'll leave you to your imagination.
  • BrensKimberly
    BrensKimberly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've used it before and it sucks. I thought it would "kick start" my metabolism....stupid
    yes I lost weight while taking it but I felt terrible the whole time and once I stopped, the weight came back fast
    nothing, no pill, no shake, no shortcut is going to help you lose weight and keep it off
    the only solution to that is to change your life...eat at a deficit, exercise (cardio & weights) and be committed to it
    it sucks because it's not a fast fix but it is a lasting one and definitely not something that will come from any bottle
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Get off it and just drink some green tea or somthing.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This stuff is BAD NEWS! My brother got quite sick using it and was lucky he got treatment when he did. Total BS
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've heard bad things
  • teenXidle
    teenXidle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    my father got a bottle for me because it was on sale!
    I honestly haven't noticed any negative side effects, but i don't think it's really helping me lose weight either.
    on the upside I feel more energized from the caffeine, but that's all.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I remember it as being like the "crack" of diet pills. Lots of energy, makes you keep wanting it will sell workout equipment to buy more.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Get off it and just drink some green tea or somthing.

^This.^ Kombucha green tea will probably give you the exact same effects.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of trying it. I only took it for a week and when I upped the dose I got so sick I couldn't get off the couch for 3 hours. And I gained a pound lol. It's garbage.
  • lorikeene
    lorikeene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I often think about taking something the last thing I bought was the insanity video set set me back 150$ and now my doctor says I shouldn't be doing it its to hard on my joints, iv had trouble with different hip n joint problems now that iv got it I realy want to use it againb but im scared that im going to be in pain again if I start it again !im being active but am having trouble sheding the pounds iv gained from my issues! the only thing that's worked for me was weight watchers but it gets too expensive!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    If you need motivation, just go to the success stories here and on other sites. Health and fitness don't come from a bottle of pills.
  • lbranham0601
    Options
    My husband and I both take it, although I am taking the non-caffeinated one (I have bad side effects from the regular). He has been dropping weight like crazy, however men do usually lose weight easier/faster then women do. He works at a desk, eats like crap, and does no cardio at all!!

I don't really believe it helps everyone, as you can read the bottle says to take it along with regular diet and exercise. Not to mention to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. So that to me says it's more of a placebo (which I am guilty of going along with as well, so no judgement from me, the pill only really seems to be an appetite suppressant, and once it wears off you'll want to eat everything). Even the bottle is telling you the same thing that most dieticians and fitness trainers will tell you is the key to weight loss. Lots of water, eating good foods and slowly lowering your calorie intake, and working out. Simple as that, besides the key to proper weight loss is to lose it slowly and not just dump off 100's of pounds in a month.
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, get off that stuff. It will not motivate but it may make you sick. Your motivation need to be the fact you want to get healthier and look better. As many have said already, eat better and exercise its the only way to do it correctly and for the long term benefits
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

^^^Seriously...ask before!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow, you mean to tell me that they sell a pill that magically changes my mentality about nutrition and my attitude about exercise and fitness?!? With this kind of voodoo, I'm sure that this pill has long term effects, and that the effects don't simply wear off once I run out of pills.......I'm sure that the weight will stay off and not coincidentally come back after I discontinue this pill regiment.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you made a well thought out decision.