Hydroxycut

Options

Replies

• Basia_and4345
    Basia_and4345 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Started taking hydroxycut today. . . can anyone give me any thoughts about this good and bad. I started taking it becaue I felt like I needed a kick start to help me get myself motivated. With something that's supposed to help you lose weight it makes me want to work out and eat healthier and I believe it really gets my mind where I want it to be

My personal belief is there is no solution in a pill. If you purchased it recently maybe you can get your money back. But, in a nut shell; look at the ingredients if you can not pronounce most of them or have no idea what they do for your body don't put it in your body.
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Please refrain from taking these pills! You say it puts you in the right healthy mind set which is great, but I imagine a sugar pill placebo would do the same!
    Do this right, and the results will be permanent.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Money well burned.

If you have extra, I can send you my bank info. You'll see a greater benefit by donating to needy people than needy corporations
  • jthiker26
    jthiker26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought the Hydroxycut Sprinkles and tried it on my cereal and it tasted awful! All these adds say put these sprinkles on everything like it doesn't change the taste! I got my money back with no problem. (Maybe you could still get yours?) I bought the SHRED diet book after that. That has really motivated me to exercise and eat healthier!
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i didn't even read your story just saw the title and all i can say is NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I've used it...huge waste of money. Jump starts will mess you up. It's best to do things the good old fashioned way of diet and exercise.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I lost 26 lbs with it once. Would not do it again, the side effects were not fun, could'nt rest at night and my heart was always pumping a lil harder. Not much, but stilll irregular if it's elevated.........
  • JazzieM123456
    JazzieM123456 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use it. Some people can be really rude on here, don't take it personal. They are not good for you. You just need to want to lose weight more than anything else. Take vitamins, drink lots of water, watch your nutrition and work your bootie off! You can do it girly, you don't need a pill to make you confident. Go soul searching and find you confidence! OR do what I did. I gave it two weeks, JUST two weeks and I saw the difference, but mainly felt the difference and I was hooked! Have faith and keep pushing! You can do it!
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Please return it and get your money back. I took it once years ago and I had horrible side effects, i.e., moodiness, heart racing, sweats, mean and nasty.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful (or better yet, simply refrain from usage) with these types of products - not just Hydroxycut but ALL shortcuts(Stacker 2, HCG, Ally etc). In your quest to get more "energy" or lose faster you can send your metabolism out of wack and cause damage to your thyroid (that's just ONE of the many things that can go wrong).

If you want a boost of energy, B-complex drops are fine. For me, having post-workout AM green smoothies w/ a scoop of whey leaves me alert, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and full of energy. There are plenty of "super-foods" and natural alternatives.
  • IndianMuslim
    IndianMuslim Posts: 154
    Options
    Hydroxycut landed me in the hospital. I probably only took it for a few days and ended up with excruciating back pain. The paramedic that came to pick me up told me it's the worst drug to take - he had problems from taking it too.

I agree with the other posters, try to return it and get your money back. No pain, no gain (or loss) ;)
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Fat burner = screw what others think. If you want to take one, go for it.

Hydroxycut = Muscletech only cares about one thing, selling their products. I won't buy anything Muscletech, even their BS Wal-Mart crap.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Please return it and get your money back. I took it once years ago and I had horrible side effects, i.e., moodiness, heart racing, sweats, mean and nasty.

THIS^^^

Mood swings, palpitations, depression - these are symptoms associated with thyroid disease (which is often not easily diagnosed since the symptoms can be so broad) ... pills like Hydroxycut can TRIGGER these problems. Being ephedra-free doesn't make it safe.
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't take it!!! Work out in the morning and eat healthy. You can speed up your metabolism, you don't need a dangerous pill to lose weight. Just make small changes
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Started taking hydroxycut today. . . can anyone give me any thoughts about this good and bad. I started taking it becaue I felt like I needed a kick start to help me get myself motivated. With something that's supposed to help you lose weight it makes me want to work out and eat healthier and I believe it really gets my mind where I want it to be
    The new version of it sucks. When ephedra was available and it was an actual ECA stack, it was good. But pills only attribute about 1% to overall weight loss. Once you stop them, then weight regain is normal.
    Learn how to eat correctly for life. Not just for the short term.
    Jump start with a jump rope.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both take it, although I am taking the non-caffeinated one (I have bad side effects from the regular). He has been dropping weight like crazy, however men do usually lose weight easier/faster then women do. He works at a desk, eats like crap, and does no cardio at all!!

I don't really believe it helps everyone, as you can read the bottle says to take it along with regular diet and exercise. Not to mention to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. So that to me says it's more of a placebo (which I am guilty of going along with as well, so no judgement from me, the pill only really seems to be an appetite suppressant, and once it wears off you'll want to eat everything). Even the bottle is telling you the same thing that most dieticians and fitness trainers will tell you is the key to weight loss. Lots of water, eating good foods and slowly lowering your calorie intake, and working out. Simple as that, besides the key to proper weight loss is to lose it slowly and not just dump off 100's of pounds in a month.

I agree with the placebo effect. OP would be better off popping Tic-Tacs to "kick start" her weightloss.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    yeah... no. not even. nope.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0OFh-bJUNoLkD_UYSouOLYCN_pHOwmp_vHeAGDtiBuwO-eaOI