Sugar

Options
I am honestly addicted....how do you control your sugar rushes?

Replies

• harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Kashi bars, works for me;o)
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    oo I'll have to try kashi bars, fruit just doesn't fix that craving for sugar.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I usually just give in to my addictions
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    fruit just doesn't fix that craving for sugar.

but....it has.....sugar.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In for the ridiculous condemnation of sugar!

And just for reference, I'm including an actual study on the differences between pleasure and addiction.

http://www.nel.edu/pdf_/NEL250404R01_Esch-Stefano_p_.pdf
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I usually dive into my bottle of jack.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    sugar... oh honey honey
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    The kombucha mushroom people, Sitting around all day, Who can believe you, Who can believe you... \m/
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The kombucha mushroom people, Sitting around all day, Who can believe you, Who can believe you... \m/

I got a gun the other day from sako, It's cute, small, fits right in my pocket...Yeah, right in my pocket
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Eating more fat and protein reduced my sugar cravings by a lot. I can now eat one or two servings of a sweet treat per day without binging on it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just enjoy copious amounts of CAKE VODKA

It's liquid, which hydrates, and has sugar from the cake.

WIN/WIN

Don't be scared it's good. I pick it up at the organic store.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Eating more fat and protein reduced my sugar cravings by a lot. I can now eat one or two servings of a sweet treat per day without binging on it.

^^^^^^^ YEP!!! Exactly what I was going to say.. really helps..
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I usually have an apple.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I feel like certain words on MFP must be defined by the OP in the very first post...

In this case, what is YOUR definition of "Sugar."
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The most useful advice is summed in four words (which of course I'll then add more words to) said by my nutritionist, who has an amazing record of getting clients to lose weight--and keep it off!

"Love your new foods."

In other words, the chances re highly unlikely that we will just willpower our way out of cravings and settle for a life of deprivation. So she works closely with clients on finding new foods that look beautiful and taste wonderful that are also really good for them. She turned my husband from a straight steak-and-potatoes guy into someone whose go-to foods are apples and almonds. I have to say that when we've done stuff for visitors like put out a lovely plate of thin apple slices sprinkled lightly with cinnamon, that thing goes in a flash, even with traditional desserts also on the table. Or summer fruit salad with a side topping of greek yogurt mixed with a little lemon juice and truvia. People thought it was some kind of gourmet concoction.

It takes work...exploring new recipes so vegetables are transformed into the ingredients in exotically-spiced peanut stews or thai curries. But those recipes aren't at all hard. You just have to find them and pretty much throw ingredients into a pot. The veggie-cutting is the most time-consuming part of the whole thing.