Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brazil Body Now

Replies

• Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    By saying "bursting someone's bubble" ( figure of speech for us in the northeast), I guess I'm dating myself. I misinterpreted your comment. I apologize. I reread your post and realized you were just basically making a statement about the "Brazilian" products sold, and peoples fascinating with it.
    I meant that I was excited ( that' where the "bubble" term comes in) with the changes I've seen doing this workout. I didn't buy the dvd's because I want a Brazilian body. I liked what the reviews said. It looked like it was something I could do and have worked very hard to get where I am. Enough said on this subject. We're all looking for change. And support.
  • Katerina67
    Katerina67 Posts: 21
    I never looked for anything "Brazil", I just came across a review which claimed that it's a very efficient workout and people of different fitness level and ages can do it. And I liked the videos on youtube, so I assumed it would be a workout with a lot of bodyresistance and bodyweight training + low impact cardio. Actually, the "Brazil" in the name was one of my concerns, because I did not want a samba workout :) (I love samba, but I am not capable of dancing it :laugh: )
  • I have been doing the Brazil Body Now program for 7 weeks, and I definitely enjoy it! I also found the first DVD difficult at the beginning, but I continued to practice the moves. I actually like the first DVD the most! It's fun, and I always feel great after doing it! I wish I would have measured myself before starting because I know I have toned and trimmed, but I can't give an exact number to all of you. I have lost 7 pounds which doesn't seem like a lot compared to some of the reviews, but I also did not eat well the first few weeks of starting the program. I do not do the meal plan that katia luna recommends. I have been doing the Slim Fast 321 shakes twice a day with a couple healthy snacks, and one nutritious meal. This meal plan has been working for me for those of you who don't want to follow Katia's plan. I will continue to do this program, and for the first time I feel confident that I will reach my weight loss goals. More importantly, I LOOK FORWARD to WORKING OUT!!! I use to dread the boring workout on my elliptical. HOpe this is helpful!
  • The first DVD is Samba fitness secrets. It involves dance moves, but once you learn them, its so fun! My favorite!
  • bookdeity
    bookdeity Posts: 37
    I have been doing the Brazil Body Now program for 7 weeks, and I definitely enjoy it! I also found the first DVD difficult at the beginning, but I continued to practice the moves. I actually like the first DVD the most! It's fun, and I always feel great after doing it! I wish I would have measured myself before starting because I know I have toned and trimmed, but I can't give an exact number to all of you. I have lost 7 pounds which doesn't seem like a lot compared to some of the reviews, but I also did not eat well the first few weeks of starting the program. I do not do the meal plan that katia luna recommends. I have been doing the Slim Fast 321 shakes twice a day with a couple healthy snacks, and one nutritious meal. This meal plan has been working for me for those of you who don't want to follow Katia's plan. I will continue to do this program, and for the first time I feel confident that I will reach my weight loss goals. More importantly, I LOOK FORWARD to WORKING OUT!!! I use to dread the boring workout on my elliptical. HOpe this is helpful!

Thanks DJ! That's fantastic that you've done so well! :happy:
  • gwlamas
    gwlamas Posts: 1
    I bought the Brazil Body Now program AFTER I bough Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis and let me tell you, I love Brazil Body Now. I have no endurance in cardio, but learned to build it. The first video can make you burn up to 500 calories- I used my heart/calories watch monitor thinggy. It's a dance routine that begin with about a 5 in interval and gradually decreases. It feels like a 2 1/2 minute routine by the end of the workout. What a burn though! The second video is more high impact. I recommend good shoes because it is similar to P90X Plyometrics (which is great!). The videos are great!
    With the Tracy Anderson video's, I disliked that she NEVER speaks! You have to keep looking up at the screen to see when she changed the exercise move. At first, I though I had selected "mute" or opted to play without music, but that wasn't the case. Needless to say, that program is collecting dust! Good Luck!
  • Katerina67
    Katerina67 Posts: 21
    After 1 week I am still struggling with the steps. I thought I learned them, but I cannot do some of the steps right fast. How long did take for you to do steps fast and properly? And did you start to loose weight after the first week? My weight lost sp far is zero. Actually, I gained 0.5 lbs...
  • bookdeity
    I bought the Brazil Body Now program AFTER I bough Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis and let me tell you, I love Brazil Body Now. I have no endurance in cardio, but learned to build it. The first video can make you burn up to 500 calories- I used my heart/calories watch monitor thinggy. It's a dance routine that begin with about a 5 in interval and gradually decreases. It feels like a 2 1/2 minute routine by the end of the workout. What a burn though! The second video is more high impact. I recommend good shoes because it is similar to P90X Plyometrics (which is great!). The videos are great!
    With the Tracy Anderson video's, I disliked that she NEVER speaks! You have to keep looking up at the screen to see when she changed the exercise move. At first, I though I had selected "mute" or opted to play without music, but that wasn't the case. Needless to say, that program is collecting dust! Good Luck!

I just got Tracy Anderson's Mat workout to try it out since I couldn't decide between Metamorphosis or Brazil Body Now. Good to hear that you've tried both!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    no idea about the dvd, but what is up with all this fitness fascination with Brazil? That's like the #1 plastic surgery spot in the world, and what's not surgery is due primarily to genetics, but dvd after dvd (or hair product) is sold that if you shake your hips like this or that you'll get the booty of a rap video girl.

i don't understand. well, i understand wanting to get that body. i don't understand why people think it will come out of a dvd

My bet would be something to do with a lot of famous supermodels (i.e. Victoria Secret) coming from Brazil (interestingly, a lot of them are from European descent, as opposed to of Latin American descent).

Seoul, I believe, is widely considered the world's plastic surgery capital, although, as far as I've read, they mostly fix their eyes, noses and chins (as opposed to their bodies).

Re: the workout, never heard of it...
  • kamar1029
    kamar1029 Posts: 1
    I am currently on week two of BBN. And I enjoy the workout, I can already feel the change in my body. It has an effect in the sway of my hips and I feel as if I have more engery to make it through the day. I have not measured myself because I am only on week 2 but I am going to contiue with the program and I will give a complete honest review after 8 weeks. I know Im sweating so heavly half way thru the work out so I know that I am burning tons of calories. I am also sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet. I am not really sticking to her meal plan because I dont want to live off of protien shakes. I can say I love the first DVD Samba Secrets, Rio fat loss is TUFF, I only tried that once but I am going to do it. The more I do it the easier it will get, But for now I just want to say I enjoy the program and I will be measuring and weighing myself and posting it on this blog for people who wants a honest idea of what this product can do because there is not alot of reviews on the web at all I was trying to find them on facebook but I dont see a page.
  • bookdeity
    I am currently on week two of BBN. And I enjoy the workout, I can already feel the change in my body. It has an effect in the sway of my hips and I feel as if I have more engery to make it through the day. I have not measured myself because I am only on week 2 but I am going to contiue with the program and I will give a complete honest review after 8 weeks. I know Im sweating so heavly half way thru the work out so I know that I am burning tons of calories. I am also sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet. I am not really sticking to her meal plan because I dont want to live off of protien shakes. I can say I love the first DVD Samba Secrets, Rio fat loss is TUFF, I only tried that once but I am going to do it. The more I do it the easier it will get, But for now I just want to say I enjoy the program and I will be measuring and weighing myself and posting it on this blog for people who wants a honest idea of what this product can do because there is not alot of reviews on the web at all I was trying to find them on facebook but I dont see a page.

Awesome! Thanks!
  • Corinne_Howland
    I agree! The first tape is fun. The second one is really tough. I did that one this morning. Very intense cardio and leg workout. I like the butt dvd. It works different muscles and you know you've done something good!
  • So, I've been trying it for 2.5 weeks and I am stil not convinced. My weight has not changed, my upper body looks more toned, my lower body has not changed. So it seems that 3 worouts a week is not enough (and it was one of the reasons I bought it).

The first workout (Samba) is fun, and makes you excersise almost each muscle of your body. But I don't care much about the way Katia Luns presnts the routine. She does not go much into detailes ( I had to search internet to figure out the steps) and I don't find her very motivating. I am having much more fun doing Tiffany Rothe's workouts and they produce similar results (and they are free). Another problem for me, that I have hard time doing these movements fast AND keeping the right form.

The secong workout is just a regular HIIT with a lot of different jacks and jumping squats. To be honest I still cannot do it without pressing a pause button a couple of times, because my heart rate is skyrocketing and lungs are going to explode during it, but I don't feel it does much for my body except for cardio training.

The third and fourth workouts are Body Sculpting for ABS and lower body. You cam find plenty of similar excersises on-line for free, and as for lower body - you'll get better results by doing weight training.

So though I can see why so many people like it, I don't think it is worth the money I paid for it.
  • It is really reassuring to heard that so many are having success with BBN as well. I love the program. My husband is always telling me that I am trimming up. My arms, calves, thighs are toner. I see my stomach shrinking. I had my son almost 2 years ago, and I hated how my stomach looked. Now my stomach is almost where it was before pregnancy. I have done the program for 8 weeks now, and I have lost around 10 pounds. I replied a few weeks ago, and just wanted to update my progress since then. I was kind of hoping that I would have last at least 15 pounds by now, but I found myself sometimes cheating to much with food.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Yesterday was my weigh in. Although my weight loss has slowed to a painful crawl, I've lost 4 inches in my hips, 2 1/2 inches in my waist. I've been doing it since April. I call that success. I've got 10 more to go to reach my goal.
  • It is really reassuring to heard that so many are having success with BBN as well. I love the program. My husband is always telling me that I am trimming up. My arms, calves, thighs are toner. I see my stomach shrinking. I had my son almost 2 years ago, and I hated how my stomach looked. Now my stomach is almost where it was before pregnancy. I have done the program for 8 weeks now, and I have lost around 10 pounds. I replied a few weeks ago, and just wanted to update my progress since then. I was kind of hoping that I would have last at least 15 pounds by now, but I found myself sometimes cheating to much with food.

That's great! Well done!
  • Yesterday was my weigh in. Although my weight loss has slowed to a painful crawl, I've lost 4 inches in my hips, 2 1/2 inches in my waist. I've been doing it since April. I call that success. I've got 10 more to go to reach my goal.

That's fantastic! Keep up the awesome work. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    it depends on how dedicated you are, I think so,
    I liked it.
  • Brazil Body Now is the best ever+++
  • Since March I have been working out to Zumba fitness Core for Wii until a manufacturing glitch causes it to freeze up when getting to the last level(10). I have to return it but am looking for another workout DVD. How does Brazil Body Now compare to Zumba core on the Wii?