5'2" 180 pounds... friends

Options
13»

Replies

• jmelynn316
    jmelynn316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar place. I am 5'2" and am at 185...the biggest I've been since being pregnant. I was always an athlete...weighed in the 130's in high school and was very muscular. After high school I gained 20lbs but still was very active. I hated my body at 150 but at this point, I'd give anything to be there again. I got laid off for the third damn time and decided to go back to school to finish my degree. I got it, but I gained 35 lbs in the process. The chaos that has been my life the past 2 years put a hurtin' on my body and I think I'm finally at a place that I'm going to do the hard work necessary to get back to AT LEAST 150, if not the 140s. What are you doing to obtain your goals? Just curious.

Thanks for sharing!
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2 also and currently weigh 171lbs. Before I started myfitnesspal properly, 4 weeks ago, I weighed 185lbs. I have 2 children also, my youngest is 5 months old and I'm a sahm so a busy bee too. Anyone feel free to add me for support/encouragement, I'm always looking for new friends to lose all this weight with :-)
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    Add me too, I'm 5'3 and hover right over 202. My goal weight is 140.

My twin!
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 252 (even more gross) and have two boys with a very busy schedule! We should chat!
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" and currently at 199. I was 202 last week :( Looking for friends to suport me emotionally! And to yell at me when I don't log on lol

MY STORY:
    I'm 23, just married on July 6th 2013. Was always active and fit in high school. Once I was done and real life set in, I slowly began to gain weight. About 2 months ago my husband and I suffered a Miscarriage at 21/2 months pregnant and I hit rock bottom. Took a while to get myself out of bed. After that, there really was no reason to do anything anymore. I've began my emotional healing process, now it's time for me to get serious about being healthy for myself, my husband and our future one day! Friend requests are always welcome for support!!!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm taller, but I weigh more than you by a good amount. Feel free to add me!
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and about 175lbs, so I know how you feel! I just came across this post after the one talking about how even 130lbs is too big for 5'2'' and it gotta me feeling a little depressed. Thing is, we all have different body types, heredity also takes a play. I know nobody ever thinks I'm that heavy, because most my body is muscle, and of course I have big boobs, which weighs me down! lol. Getto a healthy weight for you, and make sure you test your cholesterol, triglycerides, and pre-diabetes, stuff like that.

I added you as a friend, support is there.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    U are beutiful not gross would love to help CYNDYMAR

Thank you for the sweet comment. And it is hard when we are heavy, we do feel gross sometimes. But what you said makes us all feel good!
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and about 175lbs, so I know how you feel! I just came across this post after the one talking about how even 130lbs is too big for 5'2'' and it gotta me feeling a little depressed. Thing is, we all have different body types, heredity also takes a play.

I needed to read that! I am 5/2-3 and 186. I don't feel as fat as I am but that is mainly because I am a pear and usually use mirrors from the waist up. I've lost a bit, but have so much more to lose.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be your friend. I'm 23 years old, 5'2". My goal weight is 146. I started out at 196 and I'm currently at 170.
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2" ( the 1/2 means a lot)

Starting weight:180
    Current weight: 160
    Goal weight: 120 ish ( depends on what I look like by then.. this may be too skinny)

Oh yeah, I'm 37.