When do you eat?

Options
I have heard so many opinions about when we should eat. There is: 3 distinct meals, meals plus snacks, grazing all day, and eating a large breakfast and smaller lunch and dinner. What works for you?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    when I'm hungry

BOOM

/thread.
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    i work shifts so i eat bfast at my desk at around 9. snack at 11. lunch at 2. dinner at 7. those hours can vary be pushed back 2 hrs if im working a late.

on my days off i just eat when im hungry.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you, that keep you feeling full, happy, and sticking to your macros.

For me, that means no breakfast, which as of yesterday morning means I am going to die of a heart attack in my 50s. Which kind of sucks :(
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    when I hungry
    or
    breakfast
    l;unch
    after noon snacks
    dinner
    night snacks
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Whenever I get hungry.

Typically:

Awake at 6
    Breakfast at 8
    Snack at 1030
    Lunch at 12
    Snack at 2:30
    Dinner at 6
    Night snack at 8
    Bed at 10

Yes that's about it every day - Doctor said I need to eat more throughout the day because of digestive issues and to try and space it out more, this is about as spaced out as I can get it. I used to do the 3 meals a day thing, but it doesn't work for me and my medical issues.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast eater. I am trying to but I tend to keep it under 300 calories (8:30 - 9:30 am)

I try to eat lunch but can't always with my schedule. If lunch isn't possible, I tend to eat a few snacks that would add up to what my lunch would be but spread them out a bit so they last longer. (12:00-2:00)

I have a snack in the afternoon sometime, usually when I get home from work. (4:30-5:00)

Then I have dinner in the evening (6:30-7:30)

And my sugar rush that is required for me to be happy (7:30-8:30)

I try not to eat after dinner/sugar but I sometimes I have more calories left over or it's the weekend and we had a late lunch so I eat a small dinner and then we're up later so I need something.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    "I" eat between noon-ish and 7pm... i do it how ever i please, as long as i hit my calorie goal, and im between my grazing hours.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I break my fast at 2:00pm with a small meal on lean protein (20% of my calories), veggies and fats. Have another small meal at 4:00pm similar to my first meal (20% of my calories). Then I eat the rest of my calories post workout between 8:00pm-10:00pm.
  • jroa322
    jroa322 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am really anal.
    I try to eat as soon as I wake up. (Within 30 minutes)
    I try to eat something every few hours and stop by 6pm.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Breakfast between 7.30 and 8.30, light lunch between 12.00 and 13.30, dinner late, when I get back from work and/or gym - anything between 20.00 and 22.00. I snack too. And for that I love my dark chocolate and fruit.