I did it! C25K completed! (PIC)

Options

Replies

• saratague
    saratague Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!

I think I'm still a bit too heavy to start training for a 5k, but I'll get there! :)
  • just_me_mindy
    just_me_mindy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go.. You look fantastic!!!!!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow.... you look great & H A P P Y :flowerforyou:
    Awesome job!
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    amazing, well done
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    YAY! Great job and thanks for the inspiration!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Whoohooo! Congratulations! Keep running...you will learn to love it and won't be able to live without it, if you are anything like me! ;)
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep pushing last march 2012 was my first 5k and I'm about to run my 2nd half marathon! You can do it girlie! Just keep pushing yourself
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job! 36 mins is really good for your first 5k. i ran my first in October of last year and did 36.11. Since then I have run 4 more and managed to shave timeoff each one. I am looking for a sub 30 run too but for now i am training for my first half marathon in October.

Kepp up the good work and you look great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    not only do you look great.. you look happy. that is wonderful.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! congrats. You did a great job.
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and inspiring!! I will be doing week 3 day 2 tonight...hopefully I'll be able to post a pic like you someday!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    well done, it has clearly worked well for you. I think the C25K programme is just such a great thing that everyone should try it. Made for all beginners, can be worked on at the level that suits the user and though challenging, it is so easy to work through if you push yourself. It is also free to download and needs very little in the way of resources to do it, can be done anytime to fit around commitments and is just great lol. It should be shared with all school kids too.

You look really well on this.

Hiya,
    how can i start this c25k programme.
    any help will be appreciated....
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!!
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great story and you look awesome!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    well done, it has clearly worked well for you. I think the C25K programme is just such a great thing that everyone should try it. Made for all beginners, can be worked on at the level that suits the user and though challenging, it is so easy to work through if you push yourself. It is also free to download and needs very little in the way of resources to do it, can be done anytime to fit around commitments and is just great lol. It should be shared with all school kids too.

You look really well on this.

Hiya,
    how can i start this c25k programme.
    any help will be appreciated....

There are several versions of the C25K program out there. I use this one -
    http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
    & find the downloads really useful. There are others out there (Google them) if you want different music.

For the first week you start with a 5 minute warm up walk, then run for 60 seconds and walk for 90 seconds - 8 times. You gradually increase the running time and decrease the walking time over 9 weeks - or longer if you want to take it slower.

I find it motivating having music to keep me going (even when it's not all to my taste) & it's good that it masks the sound of my breathing and feet slapping. The girl who tells you when to switch between running and walking has a nice voice and gives useful tips - and you don't need to look at your watch.

Have a go & see how you get on. There's also a very useful group for Couch To 5K with lots of informative threads and stickies that I've read through and found invaluable.
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    so awesome!!!!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I realise I forgot to address JME2209! Sorry! :embarassed:

You've dome brilliantly! I joined at the same time as you, but you've completed a bigger transformation in that time. You look like a different person - a very much fitter person, one who's in great shape in more ways than one! :happy:

Well done - and congratulations on getting the running program so well. :drinker:
  • amandaxob
    amandaxob Posts: 13
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! :)
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Woow this you look amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!